Manufacturing Operations Manager
Allied West Paper Corp. Fontana, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical
Allied West Paper Corp. (AWP) is an industry-leading, FSC®-certified paper converter producing innovative bath tissue, paper towels, paper napkins, and facial tissue for the retail and commercial markets.
AWP is looking to hire a dynamic leader that wants to work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment where their efforts will make a direct impact on production output and establishing a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture. In addition to developing and maintaining strong cross functional relationships this person will establish production, quality and safety goal setting that will provide accountability and feedback and enhance the skills and abilities of the production staff. The effective Director of Operations will:
- Oversee directly, and through a group of production supervisors, the daily production activities of the plant and provide strategic leadership and direction for multiple areas of the plant operations.
- Determine line capabilities (throughput, changeover time, crewing) and update as goals are exceeded or new product configurations are introduced.
- Designs short-term strategies, procedures and people utilization with an end goal of improving equipment reliability, efficiency, productivity and performance while reducing inventory and waste and also maintaining product quality and operating expenses.
- Work to create a Visual Factor where shift production goals are communicated and process monitors show hourly attainment towards those goals.
- Include production, quality and maintenance team members in shift debriefs to explore What Went Well and What Could We Do Different, along with Action Items to address issues and assign accountabilities.
- Ensures standardization of CI activities across the plant by assuring that processes and best practices are communicated, training and mentoring are encouraged, and the team has the tools needed to make them succeed and be accountable.
- Designs short-term strategies, procedures and people utilization with an end goal of improving equipment reliability, efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Maintain and communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to demonstrate and celebrate progress towards Safety, Production and Quality goals.
· Work closely with production supervision to build a strong, motivated, efficient, well trained production team through effective feedback methods. Common methods include daily conversations throughout the shop, developing and implementing training programs, recognition programs, and timely performance appraisals.
· Provide technical expertise and input in resolving bottlenecks to throughput; determine efficient methods for worker and equipment utilization.
· Support the new initiative on Total Productive Maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained and production supervisors and operators are key resources to its success.
Additional skills and qualifications:
- Ability to keep pace commensurate to fast paced work load across 18 production lines, with 50 workers per shift , 200+ finished SKU’s
· 5 years of manufacturing experience required, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory or management. Associated or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
· Strong, hands-on knowledge of continuous improvement tools, concepts and implementation methods - Six Sigma Green or Black Belt and Kaizen experience a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of personnel including executive level personnel.
- Knowledge of packaging materials and paper industry preferred.
· Demonstrated history of leading critical cost savings projects using project management tools.
- Proactive, effective leadership, team and management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of industrial safety applications and responsibility.
- Production planning and scheduling experience a plus.
- Proficient in MS office programs including Excel a must.
- Ability to work as a cooperative team member across all departments.
Allied West Paper Corp. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Allied West Paper Corp.Why Work Here?
Allied West Paper Corp. is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits!
Allied West employs a passionate and experienced team of manufacturing, sales, and administrative personnel who are constantly trying to exceed customer expectations.
11101 Etiwanda Ave. FontanaFontana, CA