Allied West Paper Corp. is hiring experienced Maintenance Technicians to join our expanding, fast paced team. At Allied West Paper Corp. our Industrial Maintenance Technicians will have a strong background and experience in a production/ manufacturing setting. The maintenance mechanic will troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain industrial production machinery, material handling equipment and additional industrial machinery as needed throughout our manufacturing plant.
The ideal candidate must exhibit our core values of attitude, respect and dedication to team work.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Controls downtime by interacting and informing production workers, quality assurance and other maintenance technicians of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance, improving quality, modify and maximize plant outputs while maintaining efficiency and safety.
· Assist with efficient equipment changes to accommodate production needs.
· Perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs to prevent equipment failure.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with various departments.
· Ability to multi-task and have the ability to learn new processes.
· Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and technical manual, read, comprehend and document procedures in English.
· Strong knowledge of power transmission, timing pullies, belts, etc.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other hand tools as needed.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Knowledge of PLC Inputs/ outputs trouble shooting.
· Other duties or special projects as assigned
· 4 years’ + experience as an Industrial/ Manufacturing Maintenance
· Good manual dexterity.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to reach with hands and arm’s length, bend and stoop, walk and stand consistently for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Allied West Paper Corp. is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits.
Allied West Paper Corp.is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Allied West Paper Corp.
Why Work Here?Allied West employs a passionate and experienced team of manufacturing, sales, and administrative personnel who are constantly trying to exceed customer expectations.
Allied West Paper Corp. is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits!