Industrial Automation Engineer #6129
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Req # 6129
We have an opening for an Automation Engineer based in Mount Crawford, VA! This role will be a critical member of the maintenance team. Allied Reliability is seeking a seasoned and accomplished engineering professional with hands-on experience in Automation and Controls Systems design, implementation, management, and continuous improvement.
- Effectively support all current manufacturing processes and work with business stakeholders to design and implement new Automation and Controls Systems to improve efficiency, food quality, and food safety.
- Develop automation standard and work towards implementing standard in the manufacturing plants.
- Develop and maintain automation architecture of manufacturing plants.
- Develop preliminary design presentations for project evaluation and securing approval.
- Interface with all levels of plant and corporate personnel, contractors, suppliers, marketing, R&D, QA and legal departments.
- Practice sound technical, communication and negotiation skills that ensure the successful implementation of Automation and Control Systems improvement project scope and budget.
- Understand and document current Automation and Controls Systems, identify areas for improvement, develop solutions for future states including the latest Automation technology, where applicable, and implement sustaining improvements.
- Optimize current Automation and Control Systems to meet all customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Demonstrated project management experience in placing new Automation and Control Systems equipment and processes into operation is required.
- Proficient in visual communication of relevant information to Operations, including the reporting of historical events / trends to support root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Must practice proven decision making skills, working effectively under pressure and possessing the integrity to make the right decisions.
- Utilize contracted resources to ensure the correct expertise is fully utilized to achieve project scope.
- Effective in delegating project tasks ensuring that key project initiatives/objectives, scope, budget and timelines are uninterrupted and met.
- Effectively interface with multiple cross functional teams including corporate quality, technical services, R&D and with all levels of plant personal.
- Develop relationships and solicit input into the Automation and Control Systems continuous improvement considerations from key technical resources, plant operations managers, supervisors, maintenance personnel, and operators to facilitate the seamless Automation and Control Systems improvement project implementation into operation.
- Proficient in developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) for industrial automation related projects.
- Experience and working knowledge of the following distributed Scada systems
- Inductive Automation’s Ignition Platform
- Wonderware System platform,
- Factory Talk View SE
- Experience and working knowledge in MSSQL.
- Experience and working knowledge in plant wide automation network design
- Experience and working knowledge in logic controller communications
- Experience and working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Rockwell PLC programming
Education and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering and science discipline (Electrical or Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science preferred) from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum five (5) years Automation and Control Systems Engineering Project Management experience required, preferably in CPG beverage/food manufacturing.
- Automation and Control Systems installation, supervision, maintenance, and continuous improvement experience required.
Allied Reliability specializes in protecting assents and driving reliability improvements for reciprocating and rotating machinery using proven solutions and in-depth application expertise. We leverage internal engineering, manufacturing, and project management capabilities, as well as the resources of leading manufacturing partners, to yield meaningful improvements in productivity, longevity, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, safety, and environmental compliance.
6364 S Valley Pike Mt CrawfordMount Crawford, VA