We are looking for an experienced Controls Engineer!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Evaluate and improve current manufacturing systems and improve reliability of electrical, controls systems on machinery which is exposed to abrasive materials.
- Evaluate and improve control loop capability.
- Apply statistical analysis methods to drive data-based decision making practices.
- Assume the role of project manager for installation of improvement projects.
- Write project specifications for vendor bids, including project scope development.
- Provide appropriate project justification and cost-benefit analysis when appropriate for project proposals.
- Lead discussions for tactical improvement of manufacturing production lines.
- Work well with a team of Engineers, Operations, and Maintenance reps to quickly resolve problems to promote production up time.
- Programming EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to program in ladder logic, function block, and state logic.
- Must be Siemens PLC Programming Experience, in both Step 5 and Step 7, including TIA Portal.
- Must be Siemens Drives (S120’s and G120’s) programming experience, along with drives tuning
- PID Programming experience, and troubleshooting
- Machine vision system experience, namely Cognex and Keyence systems
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or similar
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical
- Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment on a number of simultaneous projects
WOULD LIKE TO HAVE:
- Servo motor programming, tuning, troubleshooting experience
- HMI programming experience (Wonderware preferred)
- Manufacturing experience (web handling process preferred – Pulp/Paper industry, roofing, etc.)
- Project Management Experience
- Six Sigma certification
- HMI programming experience (Wonderware preferred).
- Experience with PID controls and programming.
- Knowledgeable user of AutoCAD Electrical, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate work to plant management, peers, and maintenance/operations personnel.
- Ability to apply principles of mathematics, statistics and engineering to resolve recurring process issues.
- Field service engineering or technician background preferred.
- Operating engineer experience preferred.
- Machine Vision or Vision Inspection Systems installation and programming experience preferred.
- NEC knowledge preferred.
- Archestra System Platform preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, confined spaces, acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.