Allied Mechanical Services (AMS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Horizon Bradco, has Immediate openings for FULL-TIME Commercial Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Technicians. Established in 1980 and based in Wallingford, Connecticut, AMS specializes in the service, maintenance, installation and repair of commercial refrigeration equipment and HVAC to clients throughout Southern New England and Eastern New York State. Knowing that a company is only as good as the people who work there, we strive to attract, hire, and retain the best and the brightest in our industry. We do this by continually seeking to improve the work environment, taking advantage of training opportunities, offering highly competitive wages and benefits and committing to a balance between work and personal lives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Complete multiple maintenance tasks on refrigeration and HVAC equipment.
- Receive work orders and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment with written detailed documentation.
- Perform installations and preventive maintenance work.
- Accurately diagnose and troubleshoot service issues.
- Repair equipment to operate at manufacturer specifications.
- Install all replacement components.
- Maintain knowledge of company offered services.
- Communicate in a friendly and professional manner with customers and coworkers.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must reside in the company's service area.
- Must have refrigeration / HVAC/R experience and exhibit strong technical aptitudes.
- Supermarket or Convenience Store refrigeration experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of single systems, parallel racks, display cases and walk-in coolers.
- EPA certification.
- Must be willing to participate in rotating on-call schedule.
- Strong desire to learn, achieve and grow with the company.
- Certificate from a Technical or Trade school is preferred.
- Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to 50lbs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- A highly competitive compensation package is offered based on experience.
- Regular performance evaluations to determine potential merit based compensation increases.
- Company provided vehicle, cell phone, fuel card, expense account, uniforms, meal allowance and select tools.
- Medical / Prescription, Dental, Vision plans and a variety of other voluntary benefits are available.
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability and long term disability.
- Vacation and Sick time.
- 401k with generous company match available from date of hire.