Bookkeeper Job Summary
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized bookkeeper to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing the finances of our business, including creating financial transactions and generating relevant reports. You will also collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure accuracy of financial transactions.
Bookkeeper Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts.
- Pay debts as they come due for payment, including necessary bills as well as supplier and vendor invoices.
- Obtain necessary tax forms from new vendors.
- Maintain the annual budget and chart of accounts.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Issue financial statements created by certified accountant.
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts.
- Process company payroll.
- Distribute customer invoices and ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Manage the office petty cash fund.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system.
- Provide administrative support to management when required.
Bookkeeper Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of associate’s degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Data entry.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Decisive and critical thinker.