Position: Commercial Credit Analyst
Location: 3201 Orchard Road Oswego, IL
Deadline: June 5th 2020
The primary focus of a Commercial Credit Analyst is providing a written presentation of interpreting and analyzing business and personal financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, and other information pertinent to the evaluation of a commercial loan request to a Commercial Loan Officer and/or the Commercial Lending Committee. Additionally, a Commercial Credit Analyst completes annual credit reviews, property inspections, and property valuations.
MUST HAVE - 3-years minimum of banking - commercial credit analysis experience.
No Relocation Packages or costs covered.
- Interpret and analyze business and personal financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, and other information pertinent to the evaluation of a commercial loan request.
- Determine profitability, net worth, and the ability for repayment, creating cash flow analysis for all borrowers and guarantors.
- Generate financial ratios to evaluate members' current financial status, trends, and comparison to industry averages.
- Assess collateral values and credit risk associated with commercial loan requests. Perform asset verifications and property inspections as needed.
- Provide a written presentation of the credit request along with risk rating to the Commercial Loan Officer.
- Perform analysis for annual credit reviews to identify continued creditworthiness.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a business borrower to effectively manage credit exposure.
- Strong understanding of the core system and all commercial lending software systems.
- Prepare appraisal reviews and have a general understanding of appraisals.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem-solving; analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Occasionally lift and/or move items over 10 pounds.
- Remain sedentary (seated) for extended periods of time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Travel - Limited travel expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 3-years minimum of banking - commercial credit analysis and credit analytical experience.
- Strong knowledge of asset/liability management and risk analysis.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proficiency in Credit Quest.
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.