Allied Digestive Health
- Expired: October 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Scheduler/Checkout 1 ("SC1") is responsible for meeting with patients to schedule outpatient procedures and handling all related clerical duties in a positive manner, ability to multi-task, flexibility and a keen understanding of policies and procedures..
- As directed by Physicians, may schedule patients for outpatient procedures in person or by telephone.
- As directed by Physicians, may retrieve Recall Report per month for all patients due for another procedure.
- Searches patient information via gMed system and verifies/updates demographic information for accuracy and HIPAA Compliance.
- Processes tasks and or messages in gMed.
- If directed, may e-scribe medication.
- May request former chart from storage facility.
- May check in and check out patients.
- May review procedure preparations with patient and provide information regarding medications, financial responsibility, facility directions, risks, required driver post procedure and pharmacy.
- May schedule hospital and outpatient procedures.
- May give patients educational information.
- May schedule follow up appointments.
- May provide patients with clinical summary.
- May provide patients with prescriptions for labs and radiology.
- May advise on calling insurance to check coverage.
- Collaborates with others in the office and assists with incoming office phone calls and other office duties, as needed.
- Provides competent and courteous patient service to each patient and assists with arrangements that will optimize their care
- Displays consistent positive and polite approach towards patients, customers, vendors, management and co-workers.
- Clerical responsibilities include competently using general office equipment, obtaining accurate insurance, referrals and patient ID, mailing paperwork and competently.
- Abides by the policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, testing, security, administration and confidentiality of the Patients and Practice under the guidelines of OSHA and HIPAA Laws and safeguards and New Jersey regulations.
- Greets patients in a pleasant, polite and professional manner in person and over the telephone, triages and acts as an information resource for patients, staff and physicians.
- Resolves problems either independently or by knowing when appropriate to seek out another resource.
- Reliable and flexible, keeping absences and tardiness to a minimum, acceptable standard.
- May work out of other local offices, as directed.
- Attends training, testing and staff meetings,
- Performs specialized tasks, projects as requested by Physicians and or Care Center Management, accurately in a timely fashion.
- Cross trains with other office positions and provides coverage to other positions as needed or directed.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Overall knowledge of medical office procedures, posting charges and/or billing procedures and insurance.
- Comfortable multi-tasking with a sharp attention to detail and follow through.
- Can perform duties accurately in a timely and efficient manner.
- Can demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to remain cordial throughout the work day as well as to maintain patience under occasional stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to drive or have transportation to work out of other local offices.
- Computer skills: data entry, knowledge of EMR, or ability to be trained.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills and organizational skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient and staff interaction.
- Must consistently display patience, courteousness and respect.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA Laws and safeguards, or the ability to be trained in HIPAA and OSHA, and be able to follow these guidelines at all times
Education and Experience Required: High School graduate or GED. Prior Medical office experience preferred, but will train qualified candidate.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
This job operates in a professional medical office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Dress attire required: Determined by Care Center.
Days/Hours: Schedule determined by the needs of the Care Center.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk clearly and hear clearly. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability occasionally to lift office and medical products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This position may require providing light physical assistance to a patient while escorting him or her around the office.
Travel: Local travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allied Digestive Health
Get fresh Patient Scheduler jobs daily straight to your inbox!