Vulnerability Research Engineer - Senior Level (TS Clearance)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A2I is seeking a self-motivated Senior Vulnerability Research Engineer who is ready to solve some of the most challenging technical problems in a fast-paced environment supporting national security. Your role on our team will be to apply advanced reverse engineering (RE), cryptanalysis (CA), and vulnerability exploitation (VE) skills to support a variety of defensive and offensive cyber requirements. As a senior member of our team, you will be expected to perform your work with minimal guidance and oversight and have the opportunity to mentor junior personnel.
- Implement capabilities through RE and CA for the purpose of identifying vulnerabilities and determining if they are exploitable
- Apply knowledge and skills pertaining to RE, CA, to develop simulations for complicated encryption products
- Manage customer expectations by implementing proactive feedback mechanisms
- Prepare short presentations summarizing research findings
- Collaborate with external and technical operational teams
- Shape CA requirements to meet operational goals
- Synthesize creative solutions from technical and operational information
- Identify, collaborate and communicate operational requirements that enhance CA
- Perform vulnerability assessments of secure technologies to analyze whether protected or inaccessible information is recoverable
- R&D exploitation techniques to recover passwords and/or plain text information from encrypted communications.
- Using tools and techniques developed for data recovery, provide technical assistance in support of customer-directed requirements
- Analyze applications and platforms to determine if passwords can be recovered
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing processes/effecting changes
Required Skills (must be experienced in all):
Ability to reverse engineer hardware and software across various architectures and platforms and perform analysis of code to detect zero day vulnerabilities.
Ability to develop Proof of Concept Exploits to verify vulnerabilities.
Additional knowledge of security concepts and networks with the ability to solve real-time cyber challenges.
Designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions pertinent to operating and supporting developed software and techniques.
Diagnose and debug issues using both COTS and GOTS tools.
C, Assembly, Python programming in contemporary Windows and Linux/Unix software development environments
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux System API and ABI
- Understanding of static and dynamic software analysis tools and techniques
- 5+ years of experience with functional testing
- Experience with analyzing malicious code exemplars
- Experience using tools such as Wireshark, IDA Pro, Kali Linux, Ollydbg, Ghidra, Windbg, Protocol Analyzers, Metasploit Framework, and signals analysis/capture
- Experience in reverse engineering Windows applications and Windows kernel modules
- Experience with software development, including reading assembly code
- Implementing cryptographic algorithms
- Windows device driver development
- Possess strong written/oral communications skills and interact with all levels of Government personnel
- Experience with network protocol analysis, static and dynamic malware analysis (iOS and Android) is preferred.
- Knowledge of software engineering focusing on workflow automation of existing tools and products.
- Proficiency in identifying discreet complex communications technologies that support investigative techniques.
- Vulnerability Exploitation (VE) capabilities – understanding collaboration between vulnerability analysis concepts and computational resource requirements.
- Experience debugging embedded systems
- Experience with ARM / MIPS / PPC assembly languages
- Experience participating in Capture the Flag (CTF) and/or software hacking competitions
Education Requirement: Candidate must hold a Bachelor's of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor's of Arts (B.A.) degree in a technical discipline (for example: engineering, mathematics, or computer science).
Clearance Requirement: Active TS Clearance is required.
Allied Associates International (A2I) is a mission-driven company with a history of solving complex problems for our intelligence, law enforcement, and defense customers. We are a small business, yet we have a big impact on national security.
Working for A2I, you can have a significant impact too. You won’t be just another face in the crowd or name on a project list. You will play a key role in our work to protect our citizens, preserve system stability, and secure our future.
While our business is advanced engineering and technical solutions, our greatest asset is our staff. We work hard and with integrity. We learn from each other through technical discussions and trainings. We continue to expand our business. We welcome a challenge. We welcome fun and flexibility. We welcome you!
Allied Associates International is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Allied Associates International
Get fresh Systems Research Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.