Mid-Level Network Engineer
- Expired: May 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allied Associates International (A2I) has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineer to support our government customer in the Warrenton / Culpeper, VA area. The selected candidate will work with an established, high-performance network team to design, implement, maintain, and support robust networks for our client’s enterprise network and datacenter infrastructure. The Network Engineer will need to work well with a team, always exhibit excellent customer service skills and be self-motivated seeking ways to improve the environment.
• Part of a network engineering team that is responsible for designing, Implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a highly available network infrastructure in compliance with government security standards.
• Provide tier 2/3 network engineer support in an operational environment performing high priority user requests and troubleshooting as needed.
• Quickly react to vulnerability releases and perform network maintenance, code/IOS upgrades and system patches/updates with minimal to no impact of system operations.
• Monitor network performance ensuring system availability and reliability. Also monitor system resources, utilization, and trends in preparation for capacity planning as needed.
• Work closely with senior-level engineers to plan and implement engineering, configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support solutions for Cisco Nexus 9000 series switch fabric, Firepower/ASA, Forcepoint 6200/3000 series firewalls, and ASR-9000/1000 series core routers.
• Follow senior-level guidance to assist in providing engineering and technical support in the design, development and implementation of network/datacenter infrastructure components, capacity planning, and technical refresh enhancements.
• Maintain a Configuration Management (CM) environment by developing and maintaining consistent engineering documents such as network topology diagrams, rack elevation drawings, and cable run lists while also producing and updating Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents specific to client specifications.
• Work closely with the client’s security and compliance teams to ensure solutions deployed meet system accreditation and Authority to Operate (ATO) requirements. Select and implement security tools, policies, procedures, updates and fixes per Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) standards while complying with key control policies.
• Liaise with hardware vendors to produce Bill of Materials (BOM) during technical refresh enhancements or new installs. Also Liaise with other government IT professionals in support of client mission.
• Occasional travel to remote CONUS locations (< 10% travel expected).
• Occasional tasking outside of normal business hours for incident support and maintenance windows
• 3+ years of professional experience as a network engineer managing enterprise, data center or service provider networks.
• Experience Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various network devices such as routers, switches and firewalls
• Solid understanding of internet, routing, and switching protocols such as IP, ICMP, TCP, SSH SNMP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC.
• Experience/knowledge with common network technologies such as VLAN, Port Channel, SDN, and VOIP.
• Experience/knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems as well as VMWare technology.
• Experience/knowledge with cloud services such as AWS and Azure
• Experience/knowledge with securing and protecting networks via NGFW, IDS, and IPS.
• Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications / training, and work experience.
Active Top Secret (TS) Clearance is required.
Allied Associates International (A2I) is a mission-driven company with a history of solving complex problems for our intelligence, law enforcement, and defense customers. We are a small business, yet we have a big impact on national security.
Working for A2I, you can have a significant impact too. You won’t be just another face in the crowd or name on a project list. You will play a key role in our work to protect our citizens, preserve system stability, and secure our future.
While our business is advanced engineering and technical solutions, our greatest asset is our staff. We work hard and with integrity. We learn from each other through technical discussions and trainings. We continue to expand our business. We welcome a challenge. We welcome fun and flexibility. We welcome you!
Allied Associates International is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Allied Associates International
Get fresh Network Engineer Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.