IT Engineer III
Auto req ID:
IT Engineer III - QE
Desired qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code
- Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols
- Knowledge of IT technologies
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime delivers maintenance medicines and specialty medicines through its mail service and central specialty pharmacies. Formed in 2017 through a strategic alliance between Walgreens, one of the nation's largest chain drug stores, and Prime Therapeutics, a leading pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), we offer tools and resources to help patients improve medication adherence, 24/7 pharmacy support for exceptional care. The company is headquartered in Orlando, FL and its pharmacies are accredited by several national pharmacy accreditation services.
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review EEO is Law at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and the EEO is Law Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the AllianceRx Walgreens Prime Careers website, please contact us at TA-HRIS-ARXWP at mailto:TA-HRIS-ARXWP@alliancerxwp.com .
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience
- 5 years' work experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations or technical operations
- Experience in technology infrastructure, such as network, monitoring, systems, databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Willing to travel up to 10% of time for business purposes
The IT Engineer III develops and executes assignments that affect multiple components / processes of the specified functional area of the technology operation. Assignments are received in short- and mid-term outcomes that are of complex initiatives and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Operates within the context of defined operating outcomes.
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact multiple components / processes of the technology work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Development and execution of deployment operations for large, complex pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features
- Development of programs that establish and enhance standards
- Improving and monitoring of highly complex features
- Development of complex processes and interface requirements
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends
- Data development in complex areas of specialization and definition of acceptance criteria
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature
- Develops protocols to support established standards; may develop the technical "vision" and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members; may participate in teaching and training members of the work team
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation
- Other responsibilities as judgment or necessity dictate