Job Purpose: Under the direction of the department director, performs a wide variety of technical, administrative, and operational duties for the department. Primary responsibilities include providing department staff and programs with support including administrative support; document preparation; data collection, management, and analysis, and other role specific tasks.
· Maintain department records. This includes organizing and maintaining both paper and electronic records as directed by the supervisor.
· Facilitate department communication. This includes answering phones, reviewing email, and distributing mail in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner; determining the nature of the call/email, assessing urgency, and bringing to the attention of the supervisor and/or colleague(s) as appropriate.
· At the direction of the manager, arrange meetings and attendance at conferences and coordinate the required facilities, attendees, meals and transportation (if needed) and prepare and distribute materials in a timely manner.
· Maintain the department calendar and provide other assistance as needed in maintaining Outlook contacts and calendar items for department personnel.
· Assists with preparing, consistent with direction given by the supervisor, a variety of written materials, including presentations, correspondence, charts, graphs, articles, process documentation, and other documents.
· Types, edits, formats, proofreads and helps prepare a variety of written materials, including publications, correspondence, charts, graphs, or department reports for internal and external customers.
· Provide reliable proofreading of draft written materials for typographical, spelling, and formatting errors.
· Produce and distribute documents and other written materials at “member-ready” quality (without typographical, spelling, numerical or formatting errors).
· Collects various types of data and information from internal and external sources as needed to support department operations.
· Organizes and maintains various types of data and information in various software systems with a high degree of accuracy.
· Prepares and maintains routine and ad hoc reports from internal and external data sources.
· Conducts basic calculations and analysis and generates relevant observations and indications from available data sources, as directed by supervisor.
· Participates in professional development activities for staff
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Department Specific Duties:
- Prepare for and participate in file audits
- Assist in identifying and communicating significant claim exposures
- Assist members with DCW-1 forms, claims processing, status of claims, and standard procedures
- Assist to prepare correspondences to investigators, claims adjusters, members, and outside counsel
- Update and manage any workers’ compensation forms
- Gather routine statistical data regarding claims processing; prepare routine reports
- Gather data for monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting
- Monitor processes to ensure department has received proper paperwork in a timely manner; secure untimely paperwork from agencies or claims examiners
· Design, develop and prepare detail reports based on loss data, research, and findings for ASCIP staff and members as maybe required
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that improve accuracy, optimize statistical and workflow efficiency, and quality
· Assist with improving workers’ compensation processes, policies, and procedures
· Review software systems and make recommendations evaluating current and new software systems, data analytics, and report design
· Assist with the annual insurance program renewal and distribution of insurance documents
· Assist with onboarding new workers’ compensation members
· Assist with reviewing and responding to Requests for Proposals
· Assist with special projects as assigned
· Ability to take direction and perform duties as defined and directed
· Understanding of modern office practices, procedures, equipment and software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
· Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with co-workers and business colleagues
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
· Use of tact, patience and courtesy when communicating with others
· Ability to take direction and perform duties as defined and directed.
· Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve objectives.
· Mastery of modern office practices, procedures, equipment, and software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Origami, PeopleSoft, Salesforce and website maintenance.
· Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with others.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
· Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
Training & Experience:
· Two to five years of general clerical office experience, and familiarity with basis computer operation systems and software.
· High school diploma. Associated degree preferred.