Are you an experienced Training Specialist? If so, we’re looking for you!
Our client is actively seeking a Training Specialist II to join their team in Charlotte, NC. This is a one-year contract opportunity with a large, well known and reputable client. Benefits available during contract.
This position is responsible for supporting the development of the training programs throughout the Customer Delivery organization. Training programs will span all business/functional groups including Distribution, Gas, Dispatch, Metering, and Fleet. This will also include any training needed in the organization related to emergent items (e.g. safety/regulatory related, HP investigations, storm support, etc.). Some OT may be required to meet deadlines.
General responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
The position will require strong communication skills (strong written communication skills) and the ability to interpret the needs of the business and translate it into well-documented training material. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to present creative learning solutions and the ability to understand how to orient tasks to create efficient workflow in the parameters established by the Learning Development designs/templates.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Research and review existing training programs and determining value, consistency, and alignment with other efforts
- Collaborate with multiple team members to ensure alignment and consistent methodologies for training development
- Develop training material (both Instructor Led Training and eLearning) and ensure proper revisions, updates, and consistent storage of material
- Collaborate with the Program Managers to understand process and skill set gaps and work with them on ideas for mitigation plans
- Establish points of contact and subject matter experts related to each training topic
- Ensure learning content is engaging, creative, and innovative while maintaining the instructional integrity of learning
- Create blended learning solutions by leveraging existing learning resources or by designing/developing new content
- Create blended learning solutions which may include: scenarios, simulations, knowledge checks, facilitator/participant guides, presentation decks, job aids, role plays, videos, case studies, assessment tests, etc.
- Ensure training material content is clear, accurate, consistent, of high quality and follows brand guidelines
- Understands the strategy and business priorities to ensure content aligns to business needs
- Facilitate a walk-through of course content to ensure smooth hand-off to Delivery Team
- Stay current in learning and design trends and advancements to recommend innovative learning solution.
- Strong communication skills (strong written communication skills) and the ability to interpret the needs of the business and translate it into well-documented training material.
- Demonstrated ability to present creative learning solutions and the ability to understand how to orient tasks to create efficient workflow in the parameters established by the Learning Development designs/templates.
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience
Job Requisition #30397
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!