Are you an experienced Scrum Master? If so, we’re looking for you!
Our client is actively seeking a Scrum Master to join their team in Kansas City, MO. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with a large, well known and reputable client. Benefits available during contract.
This role is responsible for helping a team or teams understand and effectively adopt the client’s Delivery Process Framework to deliver all types and sizes of work. This custom framework is a hybrid of traditional and iterative methodologies. This role will focus on helping teams understand and effectively execute Framework meetings and continuous improvements. Additionally, this role will collaborate with other Scrum Masters and team members across IT including managers and non-managers.
This position is based out of Kansas City, MO. Candidate may be required to travel no less than 2 days a week to the other locations (daily travel, mileage is reimbursed if reporting to location other than assigned location).
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guiding the team on how to adopt and adapt the client’s Delivery Process Framework values, processes and practices
- Guiding the team with self-organization mechanisms and best practices
- Guiding the team with gap optimization in the client’s Delivery Process Framework
- Coaching the team to higher levels of process maturity within a sustainable pace of change
- As a Servant Leader, removing impediments, guiding the team to remove impediments, or working with the right person(s) or portion of the organization to remove impediments
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and delivery of committed work goals
- Facilitating Delivery Process Framework meetings
- Standup, Backlog Grooming, Review and Reset (Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Planning)
- Assisting communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style, and leading by example
- Delivering team metrics and dashboards to facilitate continuous improvement and transparency to the rest of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Sciences, or other related fields of study.
- At least three years professional experience in a Scrum Master, IT-Business Analyst, IT-Project Manager, or IT-Trainer role for IT-Development teams.
- Experience in the Scrum Master (or equivalent) role for information technology teams that was diligently applying Agile values, principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Hybrid Development Methodology (traditional, Agile, Lean) techniques: Scrum ceremonies, decomposition of work (Features, User Stories, Tasks), Phase-Gate.
- Experience coaching IT Teams (groups larger than 5)
- Must be able to apply agile mindset to a hybrid environment (no less than 2 years).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- General Business Analysis, Project management, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in cross-function project teaming.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
- Agile certification(s) helpful.
Job Requisition # 30343
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.