Are you an experienced Project Manager? If so, we’re looking for you!
Our client is actively seeking a Project Manager I to join their team in Charlotte, NC. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with a large, well known and reputable client. Benefits available during contract.
The expected start date for this role is 1/6/2020.
This position will be under the general direction of a Project Director or Managing Director. The Project Manager (PM) position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, and communications.
The successful candidate should be experienced in enterprise-wide project initiatives involving cross-functional teams of varying lines of business and corporate areas, including craft labor roles, data analysis and collection, and sourcing / contracting. The PM serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company. The PM may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management). Some OT may be required.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project.
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring.
- Liaison with the project management team lead(s) to develop overall plans and report progress and status against the consolidated work plan.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Proven Collaborative Team Member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry.
- Knowledge in utility or construction craft labor contracts and resource management.
Job Requisition #30436
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.