Alliance Transportation Group, Inc. Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
The Transit Planner will, as part of a highly experienced and technical, high energy team, perform transit planning studies for a wide variety of public sector clients throughout the US.
Types of studies include but are not limited to:
- Metropolitan Transportation Plans
- Short-, Mid-, and Long-Range Transit Plans
- Transit Development Plans
- Transit Corridor Studies
- Transit Master Plans
- High-Capacity Transit (BRT, LRT, Commuter Rail, etc.) Studies
- Transit Service Plans
The Transit Planner;
- Uses planning data, analysis, and report products to successfully complete multimodal transportation system planning studies, multi-modal corridor studies, environmental analysis and other transportation planning activities.
- Accesses and analyzes information prepared by others in a geographic information system (GIS) format
- Interacts with clients and planning and engineering project teams
- Manages a variety of transportation planning projects and tasks, which could include travel demand/transit demand analysis and forecasting, analysis of travel patterns and transportation conditions, traffic simulation and traffic operations analysis, development of transportation system and corridor alternatives, and transit planning and operations analysis.
- 1-5 years of transit planning experience
- Demonstrated transit analysis and operational experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills and be capable of public speaking in small group settings.
- Understanding of the principles of multimodal transportation systems planning, scenario based planning and the linkages between land use and transportation.
- Ability to articulate and apply sustainability principles in the planning process
- Masters in Urban and Regional Planning, Transportation Engineering, Geography, Economics or other related field.
- Familiarity with the principles and techniques of transit service planning and transportation systems analysis
- Public engagement experience including survey design and public involvement strategy
- Transit agency experience in short or long range planning
- Basic proficiency in the use of the MS Office suite of products (e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc.) to produce report documents and tabulate data
- Experience with graphic programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is preferred
- Strong proficiency in GIS and data analysis
- Experience in service planning including:
- Bus stop management
- Scheduling, Blocking and Runcutting
- Transit Network Design
- Transit Funding
- FTA CIG Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
TravelView all jobs at Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.