Alliance Resource Group is seeking a Payroll Specialist with large company experience. The Payroll Specialist will have the opportunity to work for a large company and must have large company payroll processing experience ( having processed payroll for 1, 000 employees or more). MUST HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION. If you are interested in working for a well-known, established company on a 12 month engagement, then apply today!
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
• Performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities
o Uploads and audits various import files and manually enters data from the payroll processing systems to validate all salary, hour and deduction changes have been accounted for, researching and resolving errors identified during the process
o Complete wage requests received from vendors
o Handles all monthly payroll reporting in general
o Prepares funding disbursement requests for Finance & Accounting and Treasury
o Provides assistance to senior accountants with annual reconciliation tasks
• Prepare Input Materials for payroll processing
o Consolidates STD daily reports
o Help with sorting input backup documents, create pdf files and put into the appropriate folders
• Garnishment Update Task
o Update master spreadsheet
o Send letters to the associates
• Responds to associate inquiries
o Resets passwords, troubleshoots and resolves access issues for systems that allow associates to access their pay stubs electronically.
o Provides explanation on questions related to paychecks, including VOE, tax withholding, direct deposit set up, and/or other related issues.
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
Business & Technical Skills:
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work, strong attention to detail, and complete high- quality work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving routine matters.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of payroll and tax withholdings and ability to apply knowledge to work assignments.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of desktop applications, the internet and payroll administration systems or similar software with multi-state experience and ability to apply knowledge to work assignments.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to evaluate and appropriately address privacy and confidentiality concerns when dealing with others (or associates outside the department or group).
• Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Collaborates – Working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates Effectively – Delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Don' t wait, apply today! We also offer benefits and competitive compensation.
Alliance Resource Group