ARG is partnered with a fast-paced, high-growth international start up in the consumer services / recreation / entertainment industry. PE-backed, they are well-funded to continue scaling at a rapid pace.
Compensation Target: $225 - 260k base + 40% bonus + Equity (tbd)
As the CFO, you will drive the metrics, processes and forecasting to support growth and decision making, ultimately impacting the strategic growth of the company and ensuring its financial health. This role reports to the CEO and will lead the finance, accounting functions, and related systems to ensure that the quality and accuracy of financial reporting are maintained to company and investor standards and in accordance with applicable accounting standards. You will build and manage a team to execute on the FP&A and business operations required for success. You will identify how financial and operating performance can be maximized and foresee how business decisions and customer requests impact the business’ performance.
Measurements of success:
- Building predictable financial performance (strong FP&A, budget-setting) & cement credibility with internal/external stakeholders (metrics, tracking, reporting).
- Optimizing company performance by identifying business obstacles, and collaborating cross-functionally with leaders across the org to find and implement solutions.
- Sourcing, signing & managing deals with providers of non-dilutive capital to finance deferred tuition receivables
- Build & maintain robust operating & financial models; manage annual budgets; oversee quarterly planning process; track performance against forecast
- Develop a holistic understanding of the company' s financing needs and options. Source and close deals for non-dilutive financing, e.g. debt financing against deferred tuition receivables. Support VC fundraising conversations
- Develop a strong “ feel” for the business & operations. Constantly suggest and implement ways to improve business performance
- Work with GMs & functional heads to establish product-level P&Ls and department budgets
- Use influence to improve unit economics, e.g. optimize pricing, discounts, gross margins
- Initiate projects to optimize cash flow and burn rate. E.g. Work with Customer Success to minimize " leakage"
- Work with Sales to build Sales plans, quotas, etc.
- Oversight of Controller; ensure all accounting functions (month-end close process, FP&A, treasury, tax, accounting, payroll) are operating smoothly.
- Track and report key company metrics internally and externally (e.g. board, investors, financing partners)
- Support strategy and execution for potential acquisitions
- Work with Tech/Product teams to build internal features that support the Finance org
- Experience with companies of our size and stage ($10-100M in revenue), ideally as a member of the team
- “ Operational” experience: either 5+ years in strategy consulting or private equity, OR 5+ years in a Senior Finance/Ops role reporting to the CEO
- Deep expertise in FP&A: building and tracking against a robust operating model and 3-statement financial model; overseeing planning processes; setting and managing annual department budgets, etc.
- A generalist " athleticism" that enables you to holistically optimize various aspects of our business operations - from facilities to course launch economics to unit economics and margins/discounts
- Proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions
- A high degree of leadership maturity: you build strong cross-functional relationships; engage in productive conflict; and gain the respect of your peers by having hard, intellectually-honest conversations; you can Influence without reliance on authority/rank
- Experience with non-equity capital markets, including deal experience with venture debt, receivables financing, alternative non-dilutive financing options
- Experience in controllership / bookkeeping
- Strong prioritization and analytical skills
- Experience with M&A and venture fundraising
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com
Alliance Resource Group