Since opening in 2000, the culture at Alliance has been one with an entrepreneurial spirit that consistently pushes the evolution of the multifamily industry. As a result, we’ve revolutionized the apartment living experience and continue to be recognized for delivering world-class services and exceptional customer experiences. And that’s really why we are here in the first place – to build homes, lifestyles, and opportunities for those who call Alliance home. It’s this mission that propels us forward each day, motivating us to craft work environments that are engaging, empowering, and dedicated to professional advancement.
If you’re looking for a fast-pace, ever-evolving career that rewards grit and perseverance, you’ve come to the right place. Welcome home.
As our Service Supervisor, the opportunity to provide world-class leadership skills is endless. While ensuring that all aspects of the luxury property are displayed at optimum levels, you will create an environment that will encourage training, development, and engagement. Primary responsibilities will consist of leading a team of Service Technicians to create a safe and dynamic environment for all residents and associates. Thorough knowledge of preparing budgets, trouble shooting /problem solving, equipment and appliance functionality, and developing relationships with the venders are the keys to your success.
Alliance Maintenance from Alliance Residential on Vimeo.
- Manage all maintenance work orders and unit turns
- Manage maintenance team in regards to performance, job duties, and scheduling
- Portray excellent customer service while working with residents
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair various issues including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, sheet rock, etc.
- Monitor and replenish maintenance inventory based on property needs, while staying within budget.
- Complete on-going property and unit inspections as needed, in addition to documenting updates and areas for improvement
- Coordinate with various vendors as needed in regards to outsourced work at the property.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- BA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a Maintenance Supervisory role with a multifamily community preferred
- EPA, CPO, and HVAC certifications preferred
- Professional and upbeat work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Paid training and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, birthday and volunteer time
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k program with Company match
- Housing discounts (When available)
- Flexible hours
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Team building events
- Associate wellness program
- Regional and National Award programs
- Associate referral program