Alliance HR Decatur, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alliance HR currently has an opening for a Purchasing Buyer. This position will be Monday-Friday and will start out between $15.00-18.00 an hour depending on experience. This position will also be Temp-To-Perm.
This position is responsible for purchasing products and components at or below budgeted cost while seeking continuous cost improvements and maintaining quality standards and specifications.
· Performs the purchasing responsibilities MRO items (maintenance, repair, and operations).
· Assists with purchasing of raw materials for production.
· Requests and analyzes quotations to ensure the best quality for the lowest possible cost.
· Negotiate best pricing/availability.
· Process purchase orders, requisitions, and other purchasing documents.
· Schedules and coordinates delivery of materials and supplies.
· Expedite material and supply receipts as needed.
· Coordinate and administer material returns, credits, and refusals process.
· Research and resolve purchasing problems and issues.
· Ensures that problems relating to delivery, quality, or pricing are promptly conveyed to the supplier and resolved timely.
· Coordinates with Production, Quality, and Engineering to plan for future requirements, or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals.
· Coordinate with Production for solutions when materials cannot be delivered as promised.
· Assist in preparing customer quotations by gathering information and pricing.
· Regular, proactive communication with suppliers.
· File purchase orders and quotes.
· Requires continual attention to detail and extreme accuracy.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the department, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other department workers.
· Performs all other duties, as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Purchasing experience must be in an industrial manufacturing facility.
· Skilled in using MRP system.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, or other Windows Applications.
· Clear, professional communication both verbal and written.
· Negotiating skills.
· Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
· Ability to work within the deadlines consistently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to apply judgement and discretion where appropriate.
· Ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
· Requires ability to frequently talk and hear.
· Requires ability to sit frequently up to 7.0 hours.
· Stand and walk occasionally up to 1.5 hours.
· Stoop, bend, and reach occasionally up to 1.5 hours per day.
· Lift/carry items ranging from 0-25lbs occasionally up to 1.5 hours per day.
· Requires long periods of viewing the computer screen.
Requires close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Alliance HRWhy Work Here?
Great company with Great benefits and advancement opportunity.
ABOUT US Alliance HR Services is a Full-Service Human Resources company providing quality employees to companies in a variety of industries. We connect candidates looking for their next career move to outstanding opportunities with our ever-growing list of clients. We have over 9 locations throughout Alabama and Tennessee ready to serve you. Alliance HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Candidate must be able to successfully pass a drug screen, background check and E-Verify.
2704 HWY 31 SEDecatur, AL