Alliance Door Products is one ofNorth America's leading distributors of high-quality door products.The great service and products we deliver are a result of the hard work and talent of our exceptional team.
Our Sumner location has an immediate, full-time opening for a Woodworking/Door Shop Assembler.Within this role, you will:
- Learn how to use a variety of woodworking tools such as chop saws and table saws to prepare various millwork components for assembly
- Work alongside team members to build pre-hung doors to our valued customer's specifications
- Carefully inspect the overall quality and accuracy of the finished product before preparing it for shipment
- Become comfortable adjusting and performing routine maintenance on all tools
- Learn how to work safely and maintain good housekeeping practices
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR...
Assemblers are responsible for assembling and fabricating prepared components into prehung door units according to the prescribed work order. Two main components of the job are prepping and assembling.
- Prepping in this role includes preparing materials or merchandise for assembly by:
- Reading work orders that identify materials needed
- Gathering prescribed materials from stock using forklifts, hand trucks and rolling carts
- Setting materials in designated area for packaging
- Assembling in this role includes machining and/or assembling various millwork products by:
- Interpreting work orders and detecting essential adjustments
- Operating machinery that alters the product
- Stage products in preparation for shipment
- Inspect the overall quality of assembled product throughout the assembly process
- Maintain a safe and clean work space, free of debris and correctly store and secure work tools, equipment and materials
- Responsible for attending all safety training meetings:
- Remain in compliance with OSHA and keep up-to-date with changes in policies
- Perform routine maintenance on all tools used, including:
- Cleaning, oiling, checking to ensure proper functioning, adjusting machines, checking measuring tool accuracy, and notifying supervisor of larger repairs or malfunctions
CORE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Our Ideal candidate comes with the following skills:
- Able to successfully work as a team
- Basic analytical, reasoning and math skills
- Able to lift between 50-75 lbs., and stand, twist, and reach for the entire shift
- Basic communication skills
- Willing to take direction
- Willing to become comfortable using the following:
- Chops saws, table saws, rip saws, hand saws
- Routers, nail guns, door machines
- Various pneumatic tools and drills
- Must be willing to be cross-trained in all areas
- Knowledge of door components and assembling techniques (preferred, not required)
If you don't come with all of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply because we are willing to train the right person!
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Our benefits package includes Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions, Life Insurance, a 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave! We also offer a competitive wage with multiple increases within the first year!
ABOUT ALLIANCE DOOR PRODUCTS:
We are an equal opportunity employer and one of North America's leading distributors of high-quality door products. The great service and products we deliver are a result of the hard work and talent of our exceptional team. We work very hard to hire the best team members who share our core values in respect for all people, integrity in every situation, and quality in everything we do. A supportive team with diverse backgrounds and career experiences from all around the world strengthens who we are and provides many opportunities for continuous growth and development within our Company.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Alliance Door Products