- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly detailed Research Analyst to join us in our Lansdowne, VA office. As Research Analyst, you are a vital part of the Corporate Engagement team. The team leads critical efforts to ensure corporations respect free speech and religious liberty across the market, workplace, and public square. In this role, you will support the team’s core initiatives—particularly ADF’s Viewpoint Diversity Score Business Index—by conducting in-depth research, collecting, organizing, and interpreting data, and where necessary, performing administrative and logistical functions for team leads.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, and compile and organize data for the Viewpoint Diversity Score Business Index.
- Provide research and data for core resources intended for strategic allies, including senior business executives, employees, journalists, and policymakers.
- Produce internal research briefs and memos on topics within the team’s core focus areas.
- Provide logistical and planning support for operations where required.
- Perform administrative tasks and track progress toward strategic goals.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Research databases (e.g., LexisNexis).
- Open-source research platforms.
- Data collection and collation methods.
- Basic understanding of standard research methodologies.
- Background knowledge of free speech and religious liberty is a plus.
- Background knowledge of business management and practice is a plus.
- Background knowledge of public policy related to banking and tech is a plus.
- ADF brand, mission, purpose, and objectives.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong and efficient research skills utilizing various databases and open-source research platforms.
- Producing clearly written methodologies for data collection and collation.
- Analytical tools, techniques, and proficiencies.
- Strong writing, editing, and copyediting capabilities.
- Microsoft Office Suite and related products; especially strong knowledge of and skills in Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Perform in-depth research quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to standard report templates and operating procedures.
- Create new research methodologies and/or improve existing ones.
- Contribute to the design of new tools/resources for target audiences/allies.
Education and/or experience:
- Required—Bachelor’s degree in government, political science, business, or similar.
- Preferred – 1-2 years of research analysis experience.
To complete your application, please attach a cover letter with your resume.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
Alliance Defending FreedomLeesburg, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.