Alliance Coaching and Counseling Group (ACCG) in Phoenix, AZ is seeking a Mental Health Therapist, in both full and part-time positions either in the office or in a residential setting. ACCG is a comprehensive behavior and mental health agency specializing in the highest quality treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Excellent knowledge of counseling theories, modalities, techniques, and principles including documentation for treatment services.
- Model professionalism, integrity, and ethical principles always.
- Ability to accomplish the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
- Ability to plan own work and carry out assignments effectively and completely.
- Must have strong listening, written, and oral communication skill with the ability to communicate clearly with patients, providers, and staff.
- Ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence of others (providers, case managers, primary care team, patients and associates).
- Must be able to work with confidential material without betraying the trust of patients, families, or the agency.
- Ability to assess the quality of patient care and make improvements as needed.
- Knowledge of the cultural, social, and economic backgrounds of the populations served and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of mental health issues of diverse populations served.
- Knowledge of and skills to provide brief intervention counseling focused on adults with general mental health and substance abuse challenges.
- Promote the agency’s core values and mission.
- Always exercise utmost discretion, diplomacy, and tact in customer transactions.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION (Residential):
Ensure that clinical counseling services address the therapeutic treatment needs of all residents who receive treatment through group homes by:
- Coordinate a service schedule that ensures treatment fidelity
- Reviewing resident candidates TX Hx for placement appropriateness
- Conducting initial mental health and psycho-social intake assessments
- Provide Risk Analysis and Mental Status Assessment for clients
- Formulate residential Treatment Plan (TXP) goals and service frequency
- Educate residents on therapeutic informed consent topics
- Educating residents on the therapeutic process
- Conducting Individual, Family and Group therapy sessions to residents at the rate designated in the residential TXP
- Document all services to payer source standards
Reviews assessments and treatment plans not formulated by an ACCG professional for accuracy, appropriateness, and completion; provide addendums to comply with ACCGs service standards.
Review and discuss the resident’s mental and behavioral health issues, services and progress with the program’s clinical team to coordinate therapy with the client’s overall residential TX program goals.
- Staff resident progress, barriers, problem Bx’s and additional TX needs
- Participate in CFT/AFT with the residential clinical team and Case Manager
- Provide case management for additional therapeutic services referrals
- Assist/write Medical Necessity Reports
- Facilitate discharge planning, coordinate post-discharge service and write a discharge summary
- Comply with residential agencies policies and procedures and to communicate conflicts with ACCG
- Recommend/advice on topics or types of training necessary for the agency to improve personal performance in the delivery of indirect MH and psycho-social services
- Provide recommendations to the agencies clinical team regarding staff who require additional clinical training beyond agency determined hours
- Maintains availability to the residential clinical team on a reasonable hour basis to advise on clinical emergencies, unusual behaviors and incident reporting or other urgent clinical issues.
- Conduct ongoing SI/STS/DTP risk analysis and staff preparation
- Complete crisis risk analysis and provide crisis interventions; coordinate staff notifications/responses, and secure additional necessary services
- Advise/Assist in developing policies and procedures for adherence to Clinical Oversite requirements
- Advise on the determination of staff promotion in title and duties from BHPP to BHT
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION (In-office):
- Ability to manage a caseload of clients, based upon experience.
- Conduct Bio/Psycho/Social assessments, diagnoses and formulate treatment plans.
- Complete and assist clients in aftercare and discharge planning.
- Provide direct clinical services, including individual, group, family and/or couples therapy to clients and their families.
- Provide case management services as needed, including referrals to necessary outside resources when needed.
- Collaborate with professionals both within and outside the facility, as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, thoroughly documented client records with a quality of documentation that meets facility and licensing standards.
- Share responsibility for on-call consultation and crisis intervention, including after-hours and weekend telephone coverage, as requested.
- Attend team meetings on a weekly basis to ensure quality care for clients.
- Attend staff development and general staff meetings.
- Abide by a code of ethics and model values.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Master’s degree in mental health is required.
- Three years of specialized experience working or related to the position is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken skills required.
- Possess current and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment.
- Must present a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to employment.
- Must have an updated Immunization (IZ) Record.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) Tuberculosis (TB) skin report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must obtain a CPR and First Aid Card within ninety (15) calendar days of employment and maintain valid updated training during employment