Regional Relief Veterinarian for Indianapolis area
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Do you enjoy the benefits of relief work but wish you had the consistency or financial stability and benefits of Full-Time Employment?
We're hiring Full Time or Part Time Regional Relief Veterinarians to provide consistent coverage for our hospitals in the Indianapolis area. You'll be supporting multiple hospitals across the region, and we want to set you up for success. If you're most comfortable seeing appointments or prefer to mostly be in surgery, we'll work with you to create a rewarding and fulfilling experience! We're especially looking for a Compassionate, Team Player and Strong Communicator!
Indianapolis is a city that built its reputation on sports, both amateur and professional. The city is most known for hosting the world's largest single-day sporting event, the Indianapolis 500. Step outside and discover White River State Park with 250 acres of greenspace, the scenic Central Canal, and a collection of Indy's top attractions. Meet orangutans at the Indianapolis Zoo, journey westward at the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art, or see a show under the stars at the Amphitheater at White River State Park. If you have kids, planning a visit to The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, the largest children's museum in the world is a must!
We Offer Our Regional Relief Veterinarians....
- Competitive salary/hourly/daily compensation
- For Full Time Relief Veterinarians (30+ hours/week); A comprehensive benefit package that includes paid vacation/sick time/holidays, health, dental, vision, liability, 401K, life & supplemental insurance & employee assistance program.
- Paid CE Allowance & Professional Dues
- Ability to travel and meet/collaborate with DVMs and support teams across our region
- Mileage stipend and lodging if/when required
- Flexible Scheduling with a guaranteed number of shifts per week
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Doctor of Veterinary degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Proficiency in general practice, surgical proficiency preferred but not required.
- Active Veterinary State License
- USDA Accreditation or obtained upon hire
- Experience preferred but new graduates seeking mentorship are encouraged to apply!
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
+ Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time.
+ Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice leadership for additional clarity.)
+ Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require special working hours, including working weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
+ Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
+ The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear plugs will be available upon request.
+ Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform required duties while working.
+ Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
+ Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate other equipment as required.
+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
+ Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoonotic hazards and/or medication/controlled substances.
Alliance Animal Health
5520 Lafayette RoadIndianapolis, IN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.