We are hiring for a Tier II Support Specialist to assist in serving approximately 300 clients ranging from simple (an iPad) to the complex (a full Active Directory infrastructure with VLANs and multiple WAN connections). This position's salary is between $50,000 and $60,000.
We're looking for that person that gets up in the morning and says, "Hey! I want to fix stuff and make people happy and get paid for it!" We have a high performance and fun culture and we work very hard to make our customers happy.
We support a wide variety of customers with an array of different setups and configurations. We track this information in a consistent way, so that we are able to deliver excellent customer service when the phone rings and the customer has an issue. We pride ourselves on being smart, communicative, and efficient in providing our clients with top-notch tech support. We work remotely and on-site in order to provide quick turn-around for problems.
The applicant must:
- Have at least 5 years experience in the IT field (helpdesk experience preferred)
- Have a passion for helping others
- Have a passion for technology and its use in general
- Work independently and as part of a small team
- Have loads of initiative and be able to complete projects without intervention or prodding
- Have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Have a strong familiarity with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, NAT, and firewalls.
- Know the difference between 802.11b and 802.11n
- Be able to listen and ask the right questions in order to ascertain the scope of a problem
- Understand the steps involved in an email migration (MX records, mailbox migration, etc.)
- Be able to work efficiently and multitask while tracking time on projects
- Work with a ticketing system
- Follow documentation procedures
- Perform a malware/virus cleanup
- Be comfortable working remotely and in-person
- Ability to run Cat5/6 and terminate into a patch panel or wall plate is a definite plus
- Think logically and perform root cause analysis over and over and over and over
- Understand hardware and software and be able to troubleshoot them independently and interdependently
- Know the difference between mbps and Mbps
- Be able to drive a personal vehicle to/from client sites
- Be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Know how to test and tone out network drops
- Know the difference between phillips and flathead screwdrivers