Our busy, well established, respected, and thriving multi-site allergy practice is seeking a medical practice administrator to lead, manage, and coordinate all the daily medical office functions and operations of the practice.
The administrator must possess an extremely fast-paced, proactive “can do” attitude to effectively lead, train, and develop a staff of 10+ employees, maximize patient satisfaction, ensure workflow optimization, manage/reconcile billing in detail, oversee provider credentialing/licensing, govern A/R, manage HR and benefits, ensure well-regulated proper financial controls, maintain close relations with contractors such as accountants, bookkeepers, IT personnel, vendors, etc.
- Managing day to day operations of the offices*
- Maintain efficient appointment scheduling, registration, patient flow and discharge procedures to enhance patient satisfaction and physician productivity.
- Responsible for ensuring patient appointment schedules are maintained appropriately.
- Practice workflow management
- Ability to jump into the workflow as an MA or a Front Desk receptionist if/when needed
- Validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone inquiries.
- Prior authorizations and referrals management
- Provider credentialing and licensing oversight
- Maintain legal and accreditation compliance concerning federal, state, and local regulations
- Patient satisfaction/customer service
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and discretion in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Maintain patient and employee confidentiality
- Maintain effective and responsive relationships with physicians, patients and their families and other providers
- can execute other tasks as needed
Managing staffing needs- scheduling, payroll
- Responsible for scheduling staff hours of work
- HR, benefits, and payroll management
- Select, hire, train, and manage clinical and non-clinical staff, including day to day supervision, employee relations and staff development
- Oversee compliance training for EMR and HIPPA requirements
- Overseeing daily financial aspects of balances and accounts
- Ensure billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented
- A/R and Denial management
- Daily deposits/cash receipt management
- Maintaining QuickBooks
- Filing tax documents in a timely fashion
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience. Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Management, or a related field (Required)
- 5 years working in a physician practice setting and 3-5 years of management experience
- Medical Billing And Coding, ICD-10: 3 years (Required)
- Staff Management: 5 years (Required)
- Two (2) years + experience working with multiple carriers and plans including managed care plans strongly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting focused on clinical operations preferred
- Knowledge of HIPPA and OSHA regulations and requirements applied to clinical operations
- Experience with ATHENA Electronic Medical Records preferred; EMR proficiency (Required)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external contacts
- Possess great people skills with a professional demeanor, outgoing personality and ability to interface with patients.
- Paid time off
- Earned sick leave
- 401(K) Retirement account
45K+ salary, based on experience.