Software Engineer II
Dublin, California, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9613/other-jobs-matching/location-only
11 hours agoPost Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global
pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth
Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and
commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and
regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for
the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology,
gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic
categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan
is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to
deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world
live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you
to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world.
Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and
drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join
our bold team.
The qualified candidate will work on
testing medical device software against test plans, requirements and
specifications. The software test engineer will work closely with members of
the test engineering team to identify software anomalies and issues with the
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot software anomalies
- Work with a team of test engineers onmedical devices and equipment
- Coordinate between various groups to ensure software testingmeets all requirements.
- Identify and evaluate software risks and risk mitigations.
- Writeregression and user-interface test cases.
- Developunderstanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
- Thetester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of variousperipheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
- May beasked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reportedproblems or load testing under specific conditions.
- independentlyor with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude ofinstalled baselines.
- Implementtest processes on projects, write test plans/cases, procedures and scripts, andanalyzes test results.
- Perform functional testing Ensure all systems are runningaccording to necessary specifications and operate within regulations toensure the production of quality products
- Establishvalidation standards and develop testing protocols
- Preparevalidation and performance qualification protocols for new and/or modifiedprocesses, systems or equipment for medical devices.
- Authortechnical documents (protocols, reports, standard operating procedures) tocomply with regulatory requirements
- Minimum 2 years' experience in software development and/ortesting of embedded medical devices
- 2 + years as a software and hardware system tester,integrator, or developer.
- Must have sufficientsoftware/ hardware experience to build and configure workstations,understand the subsystems and their interactions in an overall system.
- Proficient with identifying and writing up software defectsfor software developers
- Programming experience with scripting languages (Perl, batch,PowerShell)
- Experience with Windows and exposure to WinCE based devices.
- Proficient with the characterization of software anomalies
- Experienced in softwareverification and validation strategies.
- Experienced inImplementing test processes on projects, write test plans/cases,procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, andwilling to learn new skills.
- Good communications and documentation skills, includingexperience in writing SOPs, work instructions, training and other relevantdocumentation.
- Experience working with manufacturing, development andproduction teams or groups.
- Previous experience with testing in a medical devicemanufacturing environment subject to FDA compliance is a plus.
- MS in any of the following computer science,software engineering, electrical engineering, or mathematics degree required
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.