Account Specialist - Anti-Infective - San Jose, CA
San Jose, California, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9677/other-jobs-matching/location-only
11 hours agoPost Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global
pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth
Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and
commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and
regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for
the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology,
gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic
categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan
is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to
deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world
live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high
with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you
can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive
results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold
Account Specialist (Anti-Infective) is responsible for educating physicians on
the clinical benefits of Allergan hospital administered products in order to
expand product utilization within the institutional setting. This position
regularly calls on institutions including Teaching, Community, and Government
accounts. These accounts may include clinics, pharmacies, Critical Care units,
and other various departments within a hospital setting. Day-to-day
responsibilities include calling on a wide variety of health care professionals
including Primary Care Physicians, Specialists, Pharmacists, Physician
Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Fellows, Residents, and all other
health care professionals involved in writing, advising, and/or dispensing
products within our portfolio. The Account Specialist (Anti-Infective) must
understand how products are purchased, ordered, and administered in hospitals
including formulary process and reimbursement policies in targeted institutions
and systems. This position involves working with appropriate teammates (e.g.
Managed Care counterparts, External Scientific Affairs) to enhance technical
visibility and enhance company visibility in all accounts to maximize sales in
the assigned territory.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates should possess aminimum of 3 years' experience in medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry.
- Well-developed written and oralcommunication skills and to interface with different departmentsthroughout the organization.
- Applies a range of traditionaland non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solveissues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport andrelationships in an institutional environment to make an immediate impactin front of health care professionals.
- Highly effective organizationalskills to balance multiple priorities.
- Candidates should haveexperience influencing formulary decisions as well as knowledge of theinstitutional (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analyticalskills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determineactions to drive business or overcome challenges. Able to adapt tocorporate reporting tools.
- Strong documented sales resultsover time.
- Demonstrates solid clinicalproduct knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word,PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may berequired.
- Candidates must be able tosuccessfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
- Scientificmajor/minor/background desirable.
- Antibiotic background with aproven track record in IV/infusible antibiotics is preferred.
- Experience in thehealthcare industry involving interaction with physicians, patients, etc.Experience in educating or influencing targeted customers.
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.