About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Chemist I is responsible for fulfilling the needs of the Materials & Biocompatibility Laboratory's requirements for materials characterization and analytical testing in the following: biocompatibility, physical and chemical evaluation of materials and examination of products / components. This position is responsible for performing independent tasks of great complexity with no or limited guidance from senior personnel, demonstrate high problem solving skills and developing, implementing and managing projects. This position is also responsible for the daily laboratory organizational duties.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Plans and organizes chemical analysis of starting material, in process and finished product and stability studies and ensure adherence to approved test methods, specifications, procedures, equipment operating instruments and guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall system of compilation, preparation and release of test results/ reports.
- Conducts chemical analysis and experiments to develop new knowledge, materials, processes and products.
- Analyzes samples from various sources to provide information on different materials.
- Develops new techniques to analyze chemicals.
- Collaborates with specialists to interpret data and writes reports about the results.
- Analyzes test information to determine process efficiency and works on improvements.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Frequent business travel required
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Allentown Mfg Facility