Business Development Specialist
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
With $1,000 in his pocket, Allen Lund made the brave decision to start his own transportation brokerage company. It was 1976, when Allen Lund Company formally opened the first office in Los Angeles. Now, we have 37 offices throughout the country and continue to grow!
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our fast paced, challenging, team-oriented work environment. Our culture fosters personal growth and commitment both in and out of the office. Our diverse work force is key in delivering outstanding customer service and our commitment to our industry are main components of our unmatched reputation. We hold true the value of hiring, developing and retaining the best employees in the industry. Our management provides an open and innovative environment that promotes professional and personal growth. This is why, one-half of our employees have been with ALC for over 10 years!
Why we're Awesome!!
- Inclusive company culture
- Training and Development
- Competitive Compensation
- Unparalleled Benefits & Wellness (we mean really good)!
- 401k with a generous match
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Transfer Opportunities
- Share in Company ownership
- Employee Recognition program
- Uncapped/non-territory based commission opportunity plus Salary!
Are you experienced in non-asset based 3pl Sales? Want to sell and represent a national top 20 3pl/best in class company? We are looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our team! The Business Development Specialist will work with the sales force within a branch office. If this is you - let's talk!
- Contact new customers and draw on your unique skills, abilities and competencies to secure sale.
- Develop systems and processes for effective prospect identification, qualification and management.
- Sell and Close New shippers.
- Build a book of business.
- Carry out strategies through prospect contact, proposal development and presentation, effective follow-up and account management.
- Work with the transportation brokers to maximize the volume of loads from new customers through ongoing sales meetings and strategy sessions.
- Uphold the company standard following the company principles of Customer, Company, Office.
Skills and Experience
- 3 year minimum non-asset based 3pl sales experience
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Experience in Dry Van, Reefer, Flatbed ,and/or LTL freight
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Effective at problem resolution
- Self-Motivated and driven with an eagerness to work as a team player
- Able to work independently but also in a team environment
- Computer & technology literate
- Ability to travel as needed for sales
Join us in making a difference! Allen Lund Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.
Allen Lund Company, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Allen Lund Company, Inc.
Get fresh Business Development Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!