Accounts Payable Associate II – Administration, Finance
The mission of the Allen Institute is to unlock the complexities of bioscience and advance our knowledge to improve human health. Using an open science, multi-scale, team-oriented approach, the Allen Institute focuses on accelerating foundational research, developing standards and models, and cultivating new ideas to make a broad, transformational impact on science.
The mission of the Allen Institute administration team is to provide support and structure to the scientific divisions. Coinciding with the team science approach, administration helps facilitate team learning and the overall mission of the institute.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate will accurately process all invoices and verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Process daily transactions in Oracle Fusion which includes entering invoice details, matching invoices to purchase orders and communicating with internal and external customers as needed requesting coding and approval
- Maintain unapproved invoice queue: updating notes and following up on invoices that are pending approval or have been rejected, keeping this invoice count to a minimum
- Resolve invoice discrepancies, proactively research and resolve discrepancies between POs and invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Verify accuracy and completeness of work
- Monitor AP email account
- Import invoices to Oracle, forward messages to AP Lead that require further follow-up
- Provide back-up support for payment runs and other AP functions
- Mail payments to suppliers
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to ensure timely and accurate payment to suppliers
- Work proactively with internal customers and suppliers to resolve issues quickly and professionally
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Office environment, cubicle seating
- Sitting in desk and working in front of computer screen for long periods of time.
- Fine motor movements in fingers/hands to operate computers and other office equipment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is an onsite, M-F, regular business hours position
- No travel required
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years dedicated accounts payable experience;
- Working and conceptual knowledge of two-way and three-way PO match accounting principles
- Basic MS Word and Outlook required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Commitment to high-quality customer service balanced with an eye for internal control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a successful team
- Maintain high ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
Preferred Education and Experience
- Oracle or large ERP experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- US Work Authorization
- Please note, this opportunity does not sponsor work visas and has no relocation assistance
It is the policy of the Allen Institute to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Allen Institute will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.