Allen Industries Inc Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
As of 10.8.2020
Job Summary: The position of Metal Fabricator is responsible for constructing structures and sign cabinet out of raw materials.
- Construction of structures and sign cabinets out of aluminum or steel material according to customer specifications
- Operation of the following tools in a safe manner according to OSHA and company guidelines:
- Metal Shear
- Metal Brake
- Radial Saws
- Iron worker
- Torch and plasma torch
- Overhead cranes
- Other miscellaneous hand tools
- Weld steel poles, aluminum poles and anchor cages
- Construct and install framework for ABS backs
- Maintain work area and machinery/tools in good safe working condition
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fabricate frameworks or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and stacks
- Operates machinery and equipment including routers, welders, saws, air drills, and power tools
- Sets stops and guides to specified length indicated by scale, rule or template
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
- Interpret blueprint and sketches
- Follow the rules and regulations related to the safety of all employees working for the Company
- Adherence to all mandated safety procedures including: driving policy, production area safety requirements and fire safety
- Safety requires all employees to review materials provided by the Company related to any updates on safety procedures
- Informs management of any safety related issues
- Ensures safety of self and others through proper use and care of equipment/work area
- Handles and operates all equipment in a careful and safe manner
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order and stores them properly
- Keeps all work areas neat and clear of potential hazards
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous issues simultaneously
- Organized, detail and results oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make good decisions based on the best interests of the company
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Mechanical capabilities
- Basic mathematical skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to read blue prints and interpret sign/shop drawings and specifications
- Time management
- Apply personal safety measures including utilizing the correct PPE
- Ability to use electric hand tools including a paint gun and sander
- Ability to take measurement of a job (ex: using a tape measure, steel rule, tri square)
- Knowledge of carpentry skills
- Knowledge of packing/crating procedures
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The use of hearing protection and safety eyewear is required. The use of additional specific safety equipment may be required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to perform the following activities:
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Light work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity. To perform close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in all direction
- Forward bending, squatting, overhead reaching, kneeling/crawling, and climbing
- Continuous standing
- Lifting: Up to 70 lbs and team lifting up to 100 lbs
- Carry and use 5 lb to 10 lb power tools or paint containers very frequently
- Pushing and pulling
- Moderate level of hand to eye coordination and dexterity including picking, pinching, holding, grasping and repetitive flexion/rotation
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position with overtime as required. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: No travel required.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Technical school training or certification
- Operating shear and brake
- LED light installation and wiring
- Knowledge of UL 48 standards
- Forklift certificate
- Operate electric and pneumatic tools
- General construction methods
- Operate or ability to learn to operate a PVI forming oven
- Hand tools
- Overhead crane certification
- OSHA general industry standards
General Disclaimer: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Allen Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital, disability or veteran status.
Allen Industries Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Allen Industries Inc