Research and Innovation Scientist, I
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for a Research and Innovation Scientist I
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking a R&I Scientist to lead research tests as well as take part in innovation sessions to expand the companies’ offerings. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with experience in beverage formulation and understanding in material interactions and shelf-life extension.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain innovation laboratory, managing the upkeep and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Perform TA, Brix, RI, Density, refractive index, and color analysis.
- Demonstrate an ability to weigh accurately and show good lab practices.
- Formulate new products based on input from Marketing and Senior Leaders.
- Understand materials and methods that negatively and positively influence shelf life.
- Understand different reactions between materials within a beverage system.
- Perform analysis and research for cost reduction projects.
- Organize and lead sensory and research to obtain direction or approval of projects.
- Design and conduct shelf-life studies through sensory and analytical measures to ensure quality until the end of shelf life.
- Manage self-directed innovation or research projects for beverages. Analyze and report findings from tests that are performed.
- Maintain proper documentation related to samples, materials, and research tests.
- Provide frequent updates and final reports for research projects.
- Responsible for staying informed of industry news and trends to assist with innovation and research strategies.
- Participate in innovation sessions.
- Responsible for presenting and informing new products to the product development team.
- Work with procurement and suppliers to source new materials that can improve R&I efforts.
- Understand regulations for food and beverage products.
- Communicate errors to Manager and work to resolve them.
- Responsible for GMP & Lab maintenance.
- Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, NSF, SQF, Food Defense, and Food Safety programs as required.
- Other duties assigned by Management.
BS in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or similar. Advanced business or food science degree a plus.
3+ years’ experience. Beverage development experience required. Confectionary, sauce, syrup, or other food experience a plus.
- High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping.
- Maintain good safety and housekeeping practices.
- Excellent understanding of beverage formulation processes.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Team player that is adaptable, responsible, and takes the initiative.
- Have a strong work ethic and a high level of integrity.
- Interest in beverage and flavor industry trends.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and bring contribution to a company? Come and grow with us!
Allen Flavors Inc
230 St. Nicholas AveSouth Plainfield, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?