Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for an Intern for our Quality Control Department!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector Intern to work assisting the Quality Control Department. This position will assist with the functions and duties of the Quality Control Department. This position works under the immediate supervision and direction of the Quality Control Manager and Supervisor.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This QC inspector will perform quality control inspections of raw materials arriving at varies buildings and audits of all aspects of production. Checks and/or tests all ingredients coming into the production plant. In charge of environmental monitoring, sanitation verification and assures proper storage and shelf life. Records observations and may make recommendations for improving processes.
Responsibilities of the Quality Control Inspector Intern may include:
- Responsible for Daily Room Audits of building 220 shifts start which also include checking all scales using verified weights. Back up to 230 as needed.
- Responsible for conducting tests to approve or reject all incoming ingredients/ raw materials and releasing them for production in our ERP system.
- Raw material testing methods include but are not limited to batching single strength juices, diluting and acidifying color, organoleptic and analytical analysis and near infra-red analysis using the MicroPhazir.
- Responsible for verifying COA information and proper labeling.
- Responsible for verifying certifications of incoming materials and marking them as required:
- Responsible for monitoring expired materials and critical materials needed for upcoming batches and updating expiration dates in our ERP system as applicable.
- Responsible for testing equipment where Allergens have been used in batching to verify no residue has been left behind.
- Responsible for scanning CoA into proper ingredient folder and filing ingredient information into appropriate files.
- Responsible for pulling samples to be used in the lab for Product Development and material for sales samples and marking them properly
- Responsible for taking water samples quarterly for micro testing and performing various analytical test and recording the info into a log.
- Responsible for Environmental monitoring program Salmonella / Listeria sponge swabs and TPC testing and incubation, as well as air sample
- Responsible for weekly check of Hypochlorite levels in cleaning solution.
- Weekly production water and rinse water chlorine analysis.
- Responsible for ATP testing and validation of sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for temperature and humidity monitoring throughout the warehouse.
- Responsible for Quarterly Glass & Brittle Plastic Inspection.
- Responsible for Monthly Eye Wash Inspections.
- Responsible for fire Extinguisher Inspections.
- Responsible for Quarterly Weight Validation
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues
- Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, NSF, SQF, Food Defense and Food Safety programs as required
- Other duties assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 1 to 2 years of related experience preferred.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a manufacturing plant. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written and ability to develop a sense of knowing who to communicate with and when
· Ability to organize work to efficiently complete tasks
- Knows and follows GMPs and other Company safety procedures
- Strong ability to take initiative
- Accurate and efficient data entry
- Need to have a very keen focus on details
At Allen Flavors, Inc. we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential.
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and to bring their contribution to a company? Come and grow with us! Where everybody will know your name. Interested candidates should forward their resumes for consideration.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer