Product Development Intern, Food Science Majors
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
It’s an exciting time to join Allen Flavors Product Development team! For nearly 30 years Product Developers at Allen Flavors have honed their skills, combining an extensive knowledge of beverage ingredients with an artisan’s palate to become industry leaders in beverage development.
This position requires comfort and knowledge of working in a laboratory setting. Focus on beverage/product applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and support effective lab practices to ensure formula stability, scale up, cost parameters and manufacturing
- Precise weighing, handling, and specification testing of materials
- Interact with suppliers to request raw material samples
- Develop and maintain strong interdisciplinary relationships with Product Development, QC and Manufacturing
- Organize and execute required project work in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Communicate results, project updates and other information to staff, supervisor, and customers as necessary
- Properly test samples on lab instruments. i.e. pH meter, Refractometer, etc…
· Assist with other areas as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Food Science.
One to two years’ laboratory related coursework.
- Knowledge of Chemistry
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail, neat and organized
- Lab safety and proper lab documentation required
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of flavor laboratory instrumentation
- Possess an optimistic, action-oriented attitude
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
- Must be a problem-solver committed to improving efficiency
Great work environment, amazing benefits, and development opportunities!
Allen Flavors Inc. is a privately owned, dynamic, innovative leader in the food and beverage industry offering an array of specialized services well beyond that of a typical flavor house. Working with middle market, entrepreneurial and select multinational food and beverage brands, we consistently provide our customers a library of high-performance, great-tasting traditional flavors, including the industry’s broadest and most rapidly-growing collection of certified organic flavors, along with world-class expertise in the development of customized ingredient kits.
Allen Flavors Inc
230 Saint Nicholas AvenueSouth Plainfield, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.