Senior SEO Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
We’re looking for a dynamic and inquisitive search engine optimization (SEO) Analyst to join the SEO & Content Strategy team based in our Boston office. This position will help manage and execute both SEO and content strategies for a variety of clients, as well as for A&G’s internal SEO needs. Projects may range from keyword research and executing audits to KPI reporting and monitoring that can be used to provide clients with crucial data-driven insights for improving their search engine prominence.
Given how quickly things change in the worlds of content and search engine marketing, we hope to find someone who is a self-starter with a proactive and naturally curious mindset. Our ideal candidate understands how to blend organic search tactics with broader content strategies that can help our clients hit their business goals. They also understand how to communicate and substantiate their insights and recommendations to a range of different client audiences. The SEO Analyst will report to the SEO & content strategy manager and will get to work collaboratively with other teams across the agency, including the customer experience (CX) and paid media teams. We’re passionate about storytelling with data and hope to work with like-minded people. We love “out-of-the-box” thinkers who thrive in fast-paced and collaborative environments and are determined to bring new ideas to life. Specifically, we’re looking for candidates who are tech savvy, intrigued by advertising and brand strategy, and have an insatiable curiosity when it comes to popular culture. We want you to think big and help us solve real business problems. If you can bring your enthusiasm and creativity, we’ll provide you with mentorship and many opportunities to help you learn and grow!
What You'll Do Here
- Assist the SEO & Content Strategy team in the management and optimization of clients’ SEO and/or content programs.
- Support the development, execution, and/or management of on-page and off-page strategies for clients. This can include providing optimization recommendations for website metadata and on-page content (e.g., format, structure, content substance); performing keyword research to identify page optimization and/or new content opportunities; identifying potential backlink targets for link-building campaigns; and providing guidance around internal linking.
- Conduct regular technical site health analyses and develop recommendations that can help enhance a website’s ability to be crawled, indexed, and rank competitively in search results.
- Collaborate with A&G’s paid search team to develop & manage integrated search engine marketing programs for clients, where appropriate.
- Work with A&G’s CX and web dev teams to support the planning and execution of site migration work, as needed.
- Perform competitive research, as well as SEO and content-specific audits (e.g., keyword gap analyses; backlink gap analyses; technical site health audits; content audits and/or inventories).
- Support reporting efforts, including the development of monthly/quarterly reports and one-off diagnostic reviews.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news & trends in the SEO and content industries.
- Research the latest trends in our clients’ industries to help inform SEO and/or content strategies, as necessary.
- Assist in the management of A&G’s business website: www.a-g.com.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of professional experience with SEO in either a dedicated SEO/SEM or content marketing role
- Experience with content writing and optimizing web pages (and can provide examples of each)
- Experience with off-page SEO tactics, such as link-building, outreach, and PR
- Experience and familiarity with tech aspects of SEO, including issues that can impact Core Web Vitals metrics
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Proficiency in standard SEO tools (e.g., Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Proficiency in Google tools including Google Analytics (Universal/GA4), Search Console, Data Studio, etc.
- Familiarity with website content management systems (e.g, Wordpress, Contentful) or other comparable systems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way to both internal and external stakeholders (including non-technical teams)
- A self-starter with an ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Great overall research and analytics skills
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in problem-solving and task management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Allen & Gerritsen
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?