Legal Transcriptionist - Experienced
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allegis provides high quality legal transcription for Veritext Legal Solutions and their clients. Our work covers a growing range of proceeding types and our legal transcription team creates final documents through collation of audio recordings, information from job sheets, and appropriate template use; all within adherence to standardized quality requirements.
Allegis legal transcription is a good fit if you:
- Have experience in court reporting, legal transcription, a legal background (paralegal, legal assistant), or other advanced transcription experience
- Type at least 75 WPM (or are a stenographer)
- Have a great ear and ability to discern what people are saying in challenging situations
- Can self-study, follow instruction and meet deadlines
- Respond well to feedback and can adhere to specific requirements
- A quality development program to introduce quality and processing standards
- Transparent QA feedback and quality support team
- Opportunity for increased rates over base page-rate
- A robust transcription Community Network with group discussion and transcription resources
- Experience turning audio recordings into written documents
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Willingness to adopt specific formatting standards
- Provide responsive and proactive communication
- Proficient and self-sufficient computing skills
- Ability to discern accented speech
- Availability to interact with coaches during business hours (7:30 am – 3:30 pm PST) during initial quality development period (~2 weeks depending upon experience level)
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete 2-3 hours of work per day during quality development
- Ability to successfully complete and pass the initial quality development program
- Can meet contract requirements to produce a minimum of 100 pages of transcription per week
- Have a Microsoft operating system, a full version of Word, Express Scribe software, USB foot pedal, and a headset
This is an Independent Contractor position and as such is ineligible to participate in any Allegis employee compensation or benefit programs. Work will be on an as needed/as available basis, all equipment used will be that of the Independent Contractor's, and the work location will be virtual and at the discretion of the Independent Contractor.
Allegis offers our team of independent contract transcriptionists 24/7 access to work, a robust community network, ongoing feedback and support, and competitive pay rates. In exchange for this, Allegis requires a 100-page weekly minimum and the ability to consistently meet quality assurance standards.
The Allegis home team works to build, engage and support this great team of independent contractors.
LegalView all jobs at Allegis Transcription
Get fresh Legal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.