Machine Operator VI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The following duties and responsibilities are to be performed accurately, efficiently, within Company safety and Quality System standards, within specified time frames and as needed.
- Plan and perform all required operations to set-up and operate production machinery following accepted methods and procedures within required standards.
- Work from work boards, Kanban cards or by direction to process part lots; checks work from samples, work instructions, gauges or story boards to maintain specified tolerances or quantity levels.
- Perform appropriate steps to verify part quality including first piece inspection, visual inspection, use of gages, Standards and CMM.
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and orderly at all times. Clean machinery, fixtures, pallets and or tooling.
- Report any equipment or material problems to supervisor which cannot be resolved within the department.
- Use computer to record daily records for quality, and production needs.
- Maintain all equipment inspection, maintenance, and production reports.
- Provide training for lesser skilled operators.
- Understanding of shop mathematics including decimals, fractions, conversions.
- Use of measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers & parts gauges.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand dimensions.
- Ability to run Machining, Polishing and Stamping equipment.
- Ability to perform job-related tasks/duties, according to job standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment and/or machinery to perform job-related task(s).
- Ability to properly setup all necessary equipment and/or machinery to perform job-related task(s).
- Ability to understand safety guidelines that relate to job responsibilities.
- Ability to correctly interpret operational method sheet.
- Ability to perform quality inspections/Total Quality Check.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of material flow tools.
- Ability to understand visual standards and nonconforming material system.
- Ability to properly use material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform job tasks within required timeframe.
- Ability to properly identify WPO areas that relate to job responsibilities.
- Ability to perform job tasks according to Allegion quality system/ISO 9001 standards. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Physical:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs from floor to waist or waist to shoulder.
- Ability to occasionally push and/or pull up to 70 lbs and periodically greater than 70 lbs.
- Ability to use fingers and hands to feel or handle.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms and perform frequent repetitive motions.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, and/or sit.
- Ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to judge distances, spatial relationships, and perform visual and/or mechanical inspections.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment within manufacturer's height and weight requirements and guidelines for operators. Mechanical:
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
- Ability to perform material, tooling, and fixturing handling activities.
- Minimum Qualifications: HS Diploma/GED and technical training/education with 2 yrs machine set up and operating experience.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous CNC programming, set up, and operating experience.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous coil fed press set up and operating experience.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous Hand lathe and Robotic Polishing experience. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.