Allegient Defense is an SBA 8a certified and a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing technically oriented services from program management to advanced systems integration and engineering. We support Government and prime system integrators with engineering and management expertise. Allegient Defense helps clients with challenging Science & Technology, Engineering Acquisition and Program Management Mission requirements. With a 90% Veteran Hiring rate, our staff quickly embed with clients, identify critical needs, and work relentlessly to accomplish the mission.
Allegient Defense is actively searching for an Enterprise Monitoring SolarWinds analyst to support our client remotely. The Enterprise Monitoring SolarWinds analyst will support the US Census Enterprise Operations teams. The candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Enterprise SolarWinds system, responsible for managing its assets and providing monitoring support to the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC).
- The SolarWinds analyst will oversee the deployment, onboarding and management of the Enterprise IT assets (i.e. infrastructure, system and applications) into the Enterprise SolarWinds monitoring system.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing health and performance reports, creating alerts, creating custom dashboards and maintaining associated CMDB’s.
- Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all enterprise monitoring tools used to support the mission. Such tools include supporting Splunk and Cisco CrossWorks Situation Manager, and other in-house developed support tools.
- The Enteprise Monitoring SolarWinds analyst will support the EOC and Operations teams by providing in-depth health and performance analysis as required. Interact daily with supervisors, and technical staff in all project specialties. Interactions with client counterparts on project matters within the area of responsibility.
- Must work well with general guidance, generate competent technical input for operations type documentation, be detailed and security-oriented. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to deal with multiple contractors and government organizations.
- Must have worked in large enterprise-class type environments, be in line with industry best practices, think outside the box, and be able to make recommendations to improve overall governance and support continuous improvement.
- Recommend improvements to enhance information system operational availability, reliability, performance, etc of the EOC’s customer base. Assist in the establishment of templates, knowledge base articles, and scripts required to support the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) during incident response. Maintain relevant service delivery catalogs and associated monitoring baselines. Manage, track, report, perform tasks as assigned.
- 7 full-time years of progressive enterprise health & performance monitoring support (3500+ CI’s)
- Extensive infrastructure and application support experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to support executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
- Be a customer advocate by consistently meeting, exceeding expectations, and incorporating customer service into all aspects of work.
- Provide brown-bag, training sessions, coach, mentor and train staff.
Why Work Here?Allegient Defense, Inc., an 8(a) SDVOSB, is a premier small business leader in science and technology offering unique capabilities and solutions across a niche set of domain expertise. Highly skilled employees enthusiastically deliver a variety of Federal Science and Technology (S&T) services ranging from research and development, design and engineering to specialized technology, program management, AI and machine learning. Allegient Defense is actively working to strengthen existing relationships and forge new ones with government, with industry, and with academia. The research and development program areas include the five theme areas of the S&T Program and serves the nation as an enabler of business innovation and technology transfer.
Excellent small business with a niche in supporting federal science and technology requirements which is focused on veteran hires!