- Information Technology
Las Vegas, NV, USA
A Station Support Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, support, and overview of airport networking infrastructure. This position is important for the growth of new and existing airports in support of the network Airline operations. They are an individual contributor that provides leadership for 2nd and 3rd level customer support on client computers, peripherals, applications, tools and networks in a team environment.
Along with implementation of the network infrastructure this position is responsible for performing maintenance and upgrades to the hardware and software of the airport systems. The Engineer will develop the standards and enforce the documentation of the infrastructure as well as maintaining an accurate list of inventory and asset management. This position will require working with other partnered teams to assist in supporting an enterprise level IT infrastructure and deploy new technology while adhering to best practices and maintaining PCI Compliance.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Years of Experience: Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting an enterprise desktop environment, managing technical implementation projects, asset management, and asset management.
Other Minimum Requirements:
- Available to travel (domestic and international) approximately 50% of the time as required by the role.
- Valid passport book or ability to obtain a valid passport within 90 days of hire.
- Industry recognized certifications recommended such as Comp TIA A+, Network+ and Security+.
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting, creating .bat files, and group policy.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to self-guide for a range of related semi-complex tasks.
- Excellent customer service and advance technical support skills for resolving semi-complex issues.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and think clearly in difficulty, stressful or troubling situation.
- Ability to articulate technical information effectively to less technical customers and vendors to assist in remote troubleshooting.
- Ability to lead planning for client and application upgrades.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory administration and domain troubleshooting.
- Advance knowledge of VMware vSphere and Virtual Desktop infrastructure.
- Advance knowledge of client patch management systems.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SCCM including imaging, task sequence, patch management and reporting.
- Knowledge and expertise with any of the following airport common use platforms (Amadeus, SITA, Arnic, and Ultra) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols including DHCP, DNS, and MAC based security.
- Available to be on-call for emergencies and the ability to work or travel on weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to work independently under the direction of immediate supervisor.
- Ability to perform job duties in different working environments, particularly in the airport where tight spaces are common
- Ability to prioritize, address and follow through on multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within a team environment, but also self-disciplined when outside of the office to complete projects and airport maintenance.
- Defines incident, problem, crisis and change management processes determined by the department.
- Define and support technical troubleshooting for semi-complex problems relating to the network, computer and peripherals while working in an airport environment as well as remote support.
- Act as departmental project manager for internal support of projects.
- Coordinate internal resources, third parties and vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Manager project progress and adapt work as required.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a project budget, scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Develop a detailed project plan to tract progress.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the customers and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and initiating corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Provide a standard of documentation based on the needs of the company's airport equipment within Microsoft Visio as well as provide troubleshooting and user training.
- Perform site audits and inventory.
- Track time with a ticket system.
- Recognize deviations from semi-complex practices and apply judge to develop or recommend solutions or next steps.
- Responsible for the design of configuration of Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops, laptops, and various vendor peripherals.
- Coordinate the hands-on implementation of enterprise level Cisco series networking gear.
- Work with Development and QA team during Research and Development of new software development and hardware functionality enhancements together with other team members, assist and support the QA team in all aspects of projects, provide analysis, interpretation and written summaries/reports.
- Prioritize, address and follow through on multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Errors in this position may result in severe delay of business operations associated with downtime and includes equipment failure and internal and external customer dissatisfaction. Errors may require the application of additional resources to resolve or correct.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office/IT - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
Posted: December 5, 2019