We are currently in need of an experienced and skilled Electrician to join our team at the US Customs and Border Protection Site.
The employer is Allegiant Facility Services, a Government Contractor.
An Electrician performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment of the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, hearing units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawing, layouts, or other specifications, location and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirement of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician’s hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeships or equivalent training and experience.
· Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment; including but not limited to building service, changing and or adding panels, breakers, size and run conduit, size and pull wire.
· Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code as well as a strong proficiency with the current NEC.
· Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears.
· Perform and diagnose root cause of failures and correct the issue in a timely manner.
· Ability to read and understand single line diagrams.
· Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs.
· Ability to run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs as well as test for adequate operation.
· Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete assigned projects. MUST BE PROFICEINT AT READING AND UDNERSTANDING SINGLE LINE DIAGRAMS AND CONTROL CIRCUITRY. TROUBLE SHOOTING HIGH VOLTAGE AND CONTROL CIRCUITRY.
· Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans.
· Have a strong understanding on the controls, BAS and VFD’s.
· High school diploma/GED required.
· 5+ years' experience in the electrical trade. Minimum Journeyman license in the state of WV or neighboring state.
· Able to work well on a team.
· Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
· Excellent hand-eye coordination.
· Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Allegiant Facility Services
Why Work Here?We are a Government Contractor maintaining the sites grounds for US Customs and Border Protection.
Good pay and benefits, small team that works well together. Additional health and welfare compensation to cover employee only health ins.
Harpers Ferry, WV