Voids and Refunds Processing Specialist
Allegiance Benefit Plan Mgmt. Missoula, MT
- Posted: 22 days ago
REPORTS TO: OE Team Leader LOCATION: Missoula FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Void/Refund Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing of refunds and claim corrections.
The incumbent is expected to communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, customers, and the public, and to be respectful and courteous in the conduct of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.Verifies the accuracy and receipt of all required documentation for each claim submitted.Collaborates with providers, plan participants, other claims payers, or any other party necessary to obtain information necessary to accurately void and or reprocess a claim.Analyzes information necessary for processing. This includes, but is not limited to, general participant and provider information, managed care affiliation, diagnosis codes, dates, place, type of service, procedure codes, and charges.Assures that the system processes the claim correctly and determines payment according to the plan as written.
- Resolves problematic claim voids with the assistance of the Team Leader, Claims Manager and/or the Director of Technical Claims.
- Researches, calculates and requests refunds when necessary.
- Verifies the accuracy of the refund amount and receipt of any necessary documentation.
- Assures that the system processes the refund or correction properly according to the plan as written.
- Is a support and resource to the department when necessary
- Assists other examiners as needed due to workload requirements, including assigned back-up when examiners are absent.
- Provides answers and assistance for internal and external audits when requested.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related or other assigned duties as required or directed.
- Attends various group meetings as required.
- Assists with audits as needed.
- Assists with plan benefit set-up and changes as needed.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manual Dexterity High
Computer Screen High (visual acuity corrected to 20/30)
Lifting up to 20 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: High school graduation or GED required. College degree and/or training in medical terminology preferred.
Certification(s) Required: LOMA/ICA and HIAA coursework and Fraud Training preferred
Minimum Experience: Experience in claims processing, medical billing, insurance, or health services preferred. Familiarity with group health benefits preferred.
Other Qualifications: Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- PC skills, including Windows and Word. Ability to learn all functions of the claims processing software as is necessary for claims processing and adjudication. Must be able to adapt to software changes as they occur.
- Typing ability of 45 wpm net.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic health insurance concepts.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Above Average mathematical skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to organize and recall large amounts of detailed information.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret benefit summary plan descriptions, insurance documents, plan benefits, and regulations and make appropriate applications to specific situations.
- Ability to meet productivity standards with 99% financial accuracy and 95% procedural accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of claims processing procedures and requirements.
- Ability to project a professional image and positive attitude in any work environment.
- Ability to comply with privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with professionalism and patience, and to exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to operate typical office equipment.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Allegiance Benefit Plan Mgmt.
HealthcareView all jobs at Allegiance Benefit Plan Mgmt.