Senior Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support a federal client in Charleston, SC. This position will develop, enhance, and upgrade capabilities of signals intelligence collection and analysis platforms for Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4) Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions and operations.
The Software Engineer will research, develop, enhance, and integrate new technologies that provide Signals Intelligence, Computer Network Intelligence, Cyber Intelligence, and other relevant intelligence to achieve information dominance through processing of data from intelligence sensors. These technologies will further advance the body of knowledge in both the cyber and SIGINT domains through research and development of innovative concepts and advancement of state-of-the-art SIGINT related capabilities including real-time collection, geolocation and signal understanding. Additionally, this effort will develop prototype systems that can be rapidly fielded, upgraded and transitioned to operational warfighters to address current and emerging requirements.
- Perform leading edge research, development, enhancement, and integration to demonstrate, and implement technologies and concepts which focus on mission-based cyber defense or offense.
- Develop concept of operations for implementation and integration of developed signal processing solutions.
- Perform software/hardware integration of newly developed technologies onto operational platforms.
- Research and develop SIGINT technologies that can process information on various communications mediums, operating in adverse and continuously changing environments.
- Perform signal research by both leveraging current techniques and investigating new and emerging signal processing techniques to detect and process these signals.
- Perform analysis to determine alternative methods to meet specific mission requirements.
- Conduct rapid Research & Development (R&D), design, prototyping, demonstration, scenario development, experimentation and evaluation, integration, testing, technical installation, and transition.
- Research, access and collect Internet-of-Things (IOT) device communications using signals of interest.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine best methods to meet specific mission requirements.
- Develop new algorithms for implementing machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) methodology to add greater autonomy to unmanned sensors.
- Develop automated processing capabilities against complex communications transmissions to include modulation identification, internal data structure mapping and overall automated classification.
- Reduce the workload of the ISR operator/analyst by developing automated processes to identify, extract, analyze, correlate, sort and report information for further intelligence analysis, collection mission management, and warfighter action.
- Provide full lifecycle of software and data design, management, development, test and deployment.
- Design, develop, and maintain software/applications within various network environments, including the cloud environment.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine approach and feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- Perform maintenance of system software.
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other engineering related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in C4ISR related programs, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment.
- Experience with the engineering, development and maintenance of data repositories, data management applications, and systems, data ingestions applications, data extraction, transformation and load (ETL).
- Experience with practices such as test-driven development (TDD, DevSecOps, Agile Software.
Allegheny Science & Technology
AddressGoose Creek, SC
TechnologyView all jobs at Allegheny Science & Technology