Renewable Energy Systems Engineer
Allegheny Science & Technology Arlington, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking a Renewable Energy Systems Engineer that will be responsible for developing comprehensive approaches to energy resilience either at critical installations or for critical assets in the bulk electric power or local distribution systems.
- Conceptual design, requirement development, as well as technical support to Government programs aimed at improving energy resilience, reliability, as well as assuring resource adequacy and sufficient ancillary services are potential responsibilities.
- Scoping economics and interfacing with financial modelers and project developers to conceive, procure, and implement technical projects to meet resilience goals or demonstrate key technologies are other core responsibilities.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must have 10 years of experience.
- Must have experience with design and specification of multiple large scale (> 2MW) energy projects.
- Must have direct experience in one or more of the following areas: renewable energy systems (emphasis on solar), micro-grids, energy storage, and/or advanced control systems.
- Familiarity and experience in the Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
- Understands and uses the following technologies: solar power, wind, geothermal, hydro, biomass, or technologies and projects. Functions as the subject matter expert for evaluation and implementation of renewable energy project opportunities.
- Provides engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements.
- Makes recommendations and advises on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts. Performs risk assessments and analyses employing modeling and simulation techniques.
- Works collaboratively to promote a team environment.
- P.E. (Professional Engineering) Certification.
Allegheny Science & Technology
TechnologyView all jobs at Allegheny Science & Technology