Project Control / Financial Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is looking for a Project Control / Financial Analyst to provide a full range of management and support services to the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Nuclear Energy (NE) customer through utilization of a web-based program management tool used for implementing processes to ensure accountability for program schedule, time and cost management.
- Provide strategic support/expertise on issues, actions and decisions relating to program and project management and the execution of DOE-NE Program activities including maintaining schedules and monitoring deliverable due dates, ensuring scope/funding changes are properly coordinated and executed and that milestone completion and technical progress and expenditures are carried out as planned.
- Provide project and program management support in tracking project and program status, financial matters, and generally ensuring compliance with guidelines and requirements; also includes analyzing and tracking project costs, budgets, schedules and deliverables; providing review and support of the annual work package planning and execution process to ensure consistency and timely integration into project models; coordinating, integrating, and monitoring programmatic baseline and funding changes throughout the Fiscal Year(s).
- Coordinate activities relative to the federal budget cycle, technical and programmatic support, compliance support, task change requests, and overall program monitoring, records management and document control; timely and appropriate collection, dissemination, storage and disposition of program information; communication planning, information distribution, performance and achievement reporting, and other administrative information dissemination as required.
- Review baseline budget plans; review baseline change control process; review baseline documentation; review contractors for ANSI standard compliance; review EVMS system input and processes; prepare reports recommending any required process or data revisions to help establish revised baseline(s).
- Assist managers, staff, other program participants and other program analysts, financial personnel, etc., in resolving issues related to financial processes and transactions in various business systems and subsystems; assess and make recommendations relative to localized and site-specific reporting needs; analyze problems and reconcile data entries to ensure accuracy; communicate as needed to resolve issues that cannot be resolved independently.
- Directly interface with other program analysts and financial personnel requiring assistance and/or information/direction/guidance relating to financial/funds management or project management matters.
- Perform comprehensive comparison for consistency of detailed budget data-related monthly Financial Plan(s), Guidance Memo(s), and routine reconciliation of STARS information against financial/funds management data recorded in the web-based program management tool.
- Prepare reports for managers, staff and others as needed; this includes gathering, analyzing, organizing and presenting information and data in a logical, persuasive manner.
- Reading, understanding and bringing to management’s attention items requiring attention from the variety of data and reports sent to the office for action.
- Create and maintain master files/schedules related to program history, execution and status for the life of the programs.
- Provide support and participation in monthly program progress reviews and other program related meetings with affiliated personnel and representatives.
- Participate as needed in design and implementation enhancements for tracking and management tools used, including requirements gathering, system testing, and communication of new release functionality to the end users; providing direct support to the programming team on an as required basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Advanced degrees may be substituted for years of experience required.
- Candidate must have proven customer relationship skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills; a high level of comfort with multitasking and rapidly shifting priorities; strong management and organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work. Experience with national laboratories, specifically the Department of Energy, is mandatory.
- Background, education or experience associated with basic project management and financial management functions.
- Familiarity with DOE systems including, but not limited to: STRIPES, VIPERS, FAST, OSTI, and Exchange.
- Must be able to obtain a Q or L clearance.
- Possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Demonstrated skill working in a fast-paced environment; proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to read and interpret technical scientific or engineering documents.
Allegheny Science & Technology
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Project Controls Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.