- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will report to the Administrative Supervisor and will have a collaborative relationship with the other administrative staff and all employees in the agency. This position is crucial to the smooth running of the organization. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of tasks that includes acting as “concierge” of the Main AFN office assuring that the appearance of common spaces is neat and clean, that employees are assisted when needed, and that families are supported with respect.
Supervisory Relationship: This position reports to the Administrative Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Greet arrivals with a warm welcome and assist them in their reason for coming.
o Answer all calls coming into AFN and forward them to the appropriate person.
o Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail and distribute accurately.
o Assist fiscal by scanning invoices and distributing checks.
o Complete paperwork documenting expenses.
o Monitor conference room reservations, set up meeting space, and arrange virtual meetings on all platforms when asked.
o Complete paperwork and distribute gift cards and bus tickets.
o Order food and pick it up as needed
o Participate in community outreach including hosting vendor tables, assisting in presentations, and supporting AFN events and trainings.
o Support the executive team, supervisors, and FSPs with administrative needs.
o Maintain files and tracking for AFN administrative needs.
o Assist in setting up interviews for applicants.
o Assist in light dusting and cleaning when needed.
o Walk through floors regularly, checking for safety hazards and maintenance needs and report hazards to supervisor and building maintenance.
o Document maintenance and repair needs on the maintenance spread sheet and follow procedure for informing building maintenance.
o Order supplies such as toner, water, paper goods, etc.
o Ensure that copiers and similar equipment is functioning. Call appropriate vendor if it is not.
o Replenish paper in all copiers as needed.
· Raised or is raising a child with mental health or behavioral challenges.
· Minimal high school diploma or equivalent.
· Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional customer services skills and a professional phone manner.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness, autonomy, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Creative, optimistic, and open to new ideas, strategies, and concepts.
· Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in a culturally competent manner.
· Good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to manage on-line vendor applications
· Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing documents and know how to create them
· Ability to create, maintain, and organize a filing system
· Good typing skills
· Strong organizational and documentation skills.
· Ability to document as needed for the position.
· Ability to handle several tasks within the same time period.
· Ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to manage duties that span multi-level facility as needed throughout the day.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to policy as well as pass and maintain HIPAA guidelines.
· Willingness and ability to follow policies and procedures.
· Ability to think creatively when handling assigned tasks.
Travel, Special Conditions, and Requirements:
· Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required.
· Reliable means of transportation required. Must be able to travel locally, out-of-county, and nationally as needed.
· Requires Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 33/34 and federal clearances, and not be listed on the National Sexual Offenders Registry.
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and move easily and comfortably throughout the building and community.
Hours: Full time, Non-exempt, 37.50 hours per week.
Allegheny Family Network
Allegheny Family Network is a peer-to-peer model organization offering various programs and services for parents and caregivers raising children with mental health / emotional or behavioral concerns.
425 N. Craig StreetPittsburgh, PA
BusinessView all jobs at Allegheny Family Network