Regional Economic Competitiveness Officer (RECO)
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this position advances the region’s pursuit of specific actions and investments needed to supercharge cluster development and ensure that its economic benefits equitably reach individuals from all corners of our region. The position will start by managing the implementation of a regional robotics and autonomy cluster strategy, as outlined by the Southwestern Pennsylvania New Economy Collaborative, by providing thought leadership and strategic project management to a broad range of relevant efforts. This position will manage a team of 1-3 direct reports.
Strategy Implementation for the Build Back Better Regional Challenge Grant
- Coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the cluster development strategy; proactively monitors, investigates, and assesses developments that affect the scope.
- Manages the implementation of the strategy as outlined in SWPA’s proposal, working closely with representatives of the five project leads to:
- Track activities to ensure targets and outcomes are reached.
- Identify barriers and develop mitigation plans.
- Track metrics and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure connectivity across the five projects.
- Leads coordination of an annual summit to report publicly on project activities and progress.
- Maintains knowledge of federal funding opportunities and positions the region, through partnership, to seek related funding; builds a solid team and network to support cluster development activities across the region.
- Builds and maintains strong positive relationships with stakeholders from across the region and across the public-private spectrum; cultivates an effective coalition to champion broad interests of the key clusters, including the robotics and autonomy cluster.
- Coordinates interaction among all stakeholders; establishes and supports meaningful workstreams and cross-collaboration; facilitates regular coalition and partner meetings, including the annual meeting to report out on progress.
- Cultivates strong positive relationships with existing and prospective public and private funders; supports fundraising efforts.
- Serves as the chief liaison to the CEO and the SWPA New Economy Collaborative Board of Managers; staffs and manages the governing board and its activities.
- Coordinates communication between the governing board, project leads, and coalition; drives effective board engagement.
- Acts as the Southwestern Pennsylvania liaison to the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA).
- Attends/coordinates attendance for EDA events and opportunities.
- Monitors EDA grant and technical assistance opportunities and provides recommendations to our leadership and coalition.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other Build Back Better Regional Challenge awardees to learn and share best practices.
Other Duties as Assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of progressively responsible senior leadership experience in economic development, with a track record of success and proven results in leading a complex organization. Advanced degree preferred.
- Understanding of economic development practices, driving innovative cluster strategy development, workforce and education practices, and public policy processes.
- Deeply demonstrated commitment to equity and the correlation to regional economic development.
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategic plans and leading complex initiatives.
- Proven track record of managing robust public-private partnerships and building effective coalitions within regional economic development.
- Project or program management experience in the economic development, community development, or similar field that requires an interdisciplinary systems approach.
- Compelling public communicator, able to articulate complex ideas in an easily understood manner to various stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of robotics and autonomy cluster dynamics (desirable)
- Experience in federal grant management, budgeting, compliance, and reporting (desirable)
- Experience working with a board of trustees/directors (desirable)
- Familiarity with public policy and economic/community development issues in Southwestern PA (desirable)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and highly talented team
Powered by JazzHR
Allegheny Conference On Community Development
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?