Alleghany Highlands Community Services provides services and support to individuals in our community with behavioral health challenges and intellectual and developmental disabilities.Psychosocial Technicians work independently with clients to build skills for potential placement in independent living or a vocational program. During the skill building groups and training, the Psychosocial Technicians must exercise sound judgment; possesses skills in conflict resolution problem solving and motivational techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field (required)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in providing behavioral health services to individuals with mental health, intellectual disabilities, and/or substance use issues (preferred)
- QMHP-A or QMHP-Trainee certification (required)
- Valid Driver's License (required)
- Assist in planning, on-going development and implementing a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program (Clubhouse Model) to help promote and maximize pre-vocational and independent living skills of persons with serious mental illness
- Assist in developing curriculum for education program for individuals to extend their knowledge in the areas of mental and physical health.
- Provide meaningful skills development opportunities for individuals in the areas of overall living skills units, including socialization skills, behavioral skills, purchasing skills, food preparation skills, cleaning skills, safety skills, health code and cleanliness skills
- Virginia Retirement, Life Insurance, Health/Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays, PTO leave, and Educational Assistance.
Alleghany Highlands Community Services