Educational Specialist/Activities Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position serves as a Recreation/ Activities Specialist for Merryfield ICF/IID. The employee works directly with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities improving their cognitive functioning, problem solving skills, hand eye coordination, involvement in activities and socialization skills.
- High School Diploma/GED (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Human Services (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (preferred)
- Valid Driver's License (required)
- Provide individualized assessment of intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals needs and interests and develop activities, educational programming and active treatment
- Plan, coordinate and implement activities, including recreational, leisure/social and community activities. Provide interventions for active treatment at the ICF/IID and in the community
- Provide assistance with developing individualized service plans to address social activities, social involvement and educational needs
Alleghany Highlands Community Services
EducationView all jobs at Alleghany Highlands Community Services