Allegan County Allegan, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position provides accounting and grant support to all County service areas. Responsible for oversight and coordination of grants programs, assists with annual audit and budget processes, reconcile accounts, monitors budgets and contract files, analyzes revenues and expenditures for departments, and prepares journal entries. This position will be cross trained with other team members to achieve financial stability within the organization.
Starting Wage Range: $19.86 - $21.61 per hour. Full-time with excellent benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to submit applications and reports to varied grant sources, reviews grant program budgets and/or contracts, and is responsible for meeting reporting deadlines and managing processes.
- Provides assistance and reviews documents and records connected with grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with grant requirements. Maintains master files on grants.
- Prepares and/or reviews reimbursement requests for appropriateness and to ensure the County is in compliance with administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as sound business practices.
- Prepares a variety of financial statements and status/compliance reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in conformance to departmental, grant, federal, state, and county standards.
- Analyzes financial information to ensure output objectives are achieved. Analyzes revenues and expenditures for conformance to the budget and assesses the impact of budget variances. Prepares budget adjustments when necessary.
- Reviews, evaluates, and assist department accounting activities including financial analysis, budgeting, receipting, payroll, and expenditure processing.
- Projects annual revenue requirements and expenditures for departmental programs to establish and submit program budgets.
- Sets priorities for accounts payable and accounts receivable cycle. Provides guidance to department support for accounting practices and general accepted accounting principles.
- Reconciles accounts, including reviewing financial ledgers for errors and misstatements, and preparing and entering journal entries.
- Coordinates financial reporting with county auditors and state agencies.
- Ensures that procedures and manuals are documented and updated as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred. Experience in accounting may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two (2) years of accounting with governmental fund accounting, grants, budgeting, and financial systems experience is preferred.
- Experience using a personal computer and spreadsheet software.
View Benefit Information
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Allegan County